Serial number?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Michael Lehde | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 5 2017 5:19 PM

I lost a hard drive last week and just had to install Logos 5 back onto the new one.  It keeps asking for a serial number, which I don't believe I have ever received.  I've tried to install both from the DVD as well as downloading from my account online -- same issue.  It logs in just fine, syncs just fine (I think), but the request for a SN just keeps popping up every time I open the program.

Any ideas how to stop it?

Posts 3797
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 5 2017 5:24 PM

I would contact customer service.

Diagnostic Logging

Grow in your personal relationship with Christ; so you can help others come into and grow in a personal relationship with Christ

Posts 2
Michael Lehde | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 5 2017 5:31 PM

Thanks.  I didn't want to bug them if someone already had a quick and easy fix, but it looks like that's my only option.

Posts 1646
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 6 2017 2:15 AM

Updating to Logos 7 could be a quick and easy fix.

--
Jan Krohn -- Returning back to Germany after 5 years of Mission Work in Cambodia. Starting Next Now...
www.heidoc.net -- Vyrso Freebies Newsletter -- Bible Apps -- Secret Microsoft Downloads

Posts 16972
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 6 2017 10:45 AM

Michael Lehde:
Any ideas how to stop it?

Welcome Big Smile

Since Logos 5 is unsupported => https://www.logos.com/support/free-support concur with Logos 7 upgrade recommendation.

Thankful for free Logos 7 => Basic and Verbum Basic

Personally would uninstall Logos 5 before installing Logos 7. Serial Number prompt in Logos 4 and newer was from special installer sold at a conference whose purpose was associating resource purchase with your Faithlife account.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 7322
LogosEmployee

Are you seeing a window that prompts you for the serial number and has a "Later" button? If so, hold down Ctrl (on Windows) or Cmd (on Mac) and "Later" should change to "Never"; click the "Never" button to permanently remove the serial number prompt.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS