Trouble Exporting a Sermon to Powerpoint

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 22
Larry Sterling Jr. | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 12 2017 7:21 AM

I love the sermon creation tool in Logos 7. I use it for the handouts, and I would love to be able to create powerpoints with the material, but it is hit or miss when I choose to export as a Powerpoint. Is this normal for others?

Posts 22857
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 12 2017 8:24 AM

Larry Sterling Jr.:
I would love to be able to create powerpoints with the material, but it is hit or miss when I choose to export as a Powerpoint. Is this normal for others?

It works fine for me - on Windows 10 and Office 365.

What platform / versions are you using?

When you say "hit and miss" what problems are you seeing?

Posts 22
Larry Sterling Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 12 2017 8:48 AM

Thanks for the response. I am using Mac version 7.9. What I mean by this is sometimes it exports and sometimes it doesn't. 

Posts 22857
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 12 2017 8:57 AM

Do you get an error message when it fails to export, does it hang, or something else?

Posts 22
Larry Sterling Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 12 2017 11:31 AM

I don't get an error message, it hangs with the message "exporting".

Posts 22857
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 12 2017 1:43 PM

Please enable logging and post logs after a hang. Details at https://www.logos.com/support/mac/report-problem

Posts 6
Warren Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 13 2020 7:43 PM

Well, I preach infrequently and used the Sermon Editor for the first time for tomorrow morning's sermon. And I thought, WOW, this is cool--it does my slides for me!

But now at 9:40 p.m., I am unable to get the slides to export, so will have to do all of them manually.

It says it is successful and it looks like there is a file with that title, but it has 0 bytes and says it is unable to open it. I tried resetting, rebooting, different devices, etc. etc. 

I should have just done the slides...I've wasted 3 hours trying to save time.

(Windows 10, Office365)

Posts 22857
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 14 2020 12:19 AM

Hi Warren

Sorry to hear this and for the problems it caused you.

When you have the time it would be good to investigate further. If you would like to do this, please start a new thread in the Logos 8 forum providing as many details as possible and we will try to work out with you what went wrong.

Graham 

Posts 6
Warren Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 14 2020 4:19 AM

Thanks for your reply, Graham.

I did a log of it and posted that last night, if that will help anyone figure something out.

i tried it on my HP desktop, my Surface Pro and an HP laptop, all with seemingly identical behavior.

Posts 22857
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 14 2020 4:54 AM

Warren Ryan:
I did a log of it and posted that last night, if that will help anyone figure something out.

Could you upload the log here please? Use the paperclip icon to do so.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS