Easily marking favorite verses in all my Bibles

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 77
Pat Brown | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 14 2017 8:37 AM

As I read through my favorite Bible, I mark certain verses with a blue underline. If I want to add extra importance to the verse, I also highlight it in yellow.

If I think this is an important verse in one Bible, I think it's important in all my Bibles. Is there some method where marking in one Bible, marks all other Bibles in my library, using the same highlighting style?

Posts 5191
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 14 2017 9:46 AM

Hi Pat

Check out this link for Corresponding Highlights

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 29047
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 14 2017 11:17 AM

Pat Browne:
If I think this is an important verse in one Bible, I think it's important in all my Bibles. Is there some method where marking in one Bible, marks all other Bibles in my library, using the same highlighting style?

Mike gave you a link to the only method. It will only work for some of your bibles (but perhaps all the ones you use... or none of them!). For clarification about highlighting: 

When you create a highlight, it doesn't automatically highlight the entire verse. Rather, the feature works by highlighting a selection from the particular resource. The "selection" can be anything, down to individual characters. Many users, for example, like to highlight specific words or phrases. If highlighting just worked on the verse level, it would be simple to have all translations show the highlighting, but that isn't how highlighting works. 

The method Mike referenced works by taking the words highlighted in translation "A;" tying the highlight to the corresponding reverse interlinear; finding the corresponding original language word in the reverse interlinear for translation "B;" and showing the same highlighting in the second translation. For you to use the feature you must own a reverse interlinear for each of the translations you want to use. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 77
Pat Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 21 2017 9:31 AM

Thanks guys for the assistance. Now that the week-end is here, I will work with this corresponding suggestion.

Also thanks for letting me know this only works with Bibles with interlinear. The main Bible I'm using this year doesn't have that so I know I'm wasting my time to try and make this work with it. I'll work with this option with another Bible.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS