A17 Bug: Tabs get hidden when opening/closing resources

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 56
RichB | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 9 2010 3:42 PM

Hi, I'm not sure if someone has addressed this, but I'm continuing to have difficulty selecting tabs after opening or closing resources due to the tab's name being expanded or having the icon only.

For example:

This only allows me to select the first 2.5 resource of the four that are open. But if I open and close a resource (any resource, doesn't matter which one or even if it's the same tabbed window or another one) - the tabs all go to icons. But then some other panels revert to all text only again (again, not necessarily the same tabbed window). This is quite frustrating b/c I can't select my already opened resources.

(this is the same window above after I opened another resource in another tabbed window):

Log file: 43802.Archive.zip

As an aside: is there any plan to allow a mouse hover to display the name of the book that is open? Sometimes I can't remember what resource is what based on the icon, and there doesn't seem to be any other way to tell except for scrolling all the way to the title page, which then makes me lose my spot in the book.

Thanks,

Rich

Posts 5256
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 10 2010 12:49 AM

This is a very loud 'Hear Hear'

tootle pip

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 19216
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 10 2010 1:48 AM

RichB:

As an aside: is there any plan to allow a mouse hover to display the name of the book that is open? Sometimes I can't remember what resource is what based on the icon, and there doesn't seem to be any other way to tell except for scrolling all the way to the title page, which then makes me lose my spot in the book.

I can pretty much assure you that there is, because it already works that way in the Windows version, and I know they're planning to make the Mac version have feature parity with the Windows version as soon as possible. You get not only the name, but also a cover image and description, when you hover over any tab, whether it's displaying just the book icon or the name of the book. This popped up just from me hovering over the book icon on the tab:

Note: that doesn't solve the other problem you were reporting. That's probably a bug to be addressed on the Mac side. It doesn't work that way on Windows.

Posts 102
Jac Colon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 10 2010 3:53 PM

RichB:

Hi, I'm not sure if someone has addressed this, but I'm continuing to have difficulty selecting tabs after opening or closing resources due to the tab's name being expanded or having the icon only.

This only allows me to select the first 2.5 resource of the four that are open. But if I open and close a resource (any resource, doesn't matter which one or even if it's the same tabbed window or another one) - the tabs all go to icons. But then some other panels revert to all text only again (again, not necessarily the same tabbed window). This is quite frustrating b/c I can't select my already opened resources.

Thanks,

Rich

I too get frustrated with the same problem.

I have found one way to identify the icons on the tab without scrolling all the way to the title page.  Just move or attempt to move a tab over.  when you click and begin to drag it will display the full name of the resource.  You don't really have to move it, you can put it back where it was, but at least you can identify it.  Also to find one you already have open but cannot see do the same thing with one that is visible.  They all shrink to icons.  then move it to the end and the next in line will become visible.

I think that they intend for them to adjust antomatically as there is room for the full title.  And as it fills up to go to the abbreviations and then icons.  But it sure isnt complete yet. 

hope this helps a little.

jac

Jac Colón
Speaker, Director, Revelation Now

"They follow the Lamb wherever He goes (Rev 14:4)."

MacPro, 8 core, 2.26 GHz, 16gig

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS