A17 Passage guide issues - reloading at every relaunch

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 56
RichB | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 9 2010 3:50 PM

Not quite sure to file this as a bug, maybe a feature request?

Really - the passage guide (in my example, Eph 2:1-10) is taking a long long time to finish, even after hitting the "stop" button. I'm hoping that will change with future releases.

However, I have a passage guide open in my layout, close the program, and relaunch (to the same layout), the same search is performed all over again. The problem is that my computer resources shoot up to 100% and I can't do anything until the passage guide slows down again, sometimes 5, sometimes 10 minutes later (those are estimated times, not real times!). So it hangs until it is finished. I have to remember to close the passage guide before closing the program so it doesn't get relaunched.

1) Will there be a way to have an already performed search remain that way without it re-doing it upon relaunch?

2) Will the passage guide continue to take this long every time to run? I can't remember if in previous versions if it took this long, but it does slow everything down to a crawl on my entire computer.

Thanks,

Rich

Posts 5267
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 10 2010 12:46 AM

Hi Rich

The way to make the passage guide finish quickly (for now) is to make sure that all the little drop down menus (biblical places and the like) are all collapsed before you close the program. Once this is done it should speed up - until you open them that is.

Tootle pip

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 10819
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 10 2010 3:25 AM

RichB:
I have to remember to close the passage guide before closing the program so it doesn't get relaunched.

In addition to Mike's recommendation, I collapse all the items in the PG and then only expand them one at a time. This advice also applies to the Windows version. Doing this will greatly reduce the time required for the PG to open.

Posts 56
RichB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 10 2010 4:58 AM

Thanks for the tips! I'll give it a try. Now I only wish I could collapse them in the beginning (when first loading the PG) to keep it from taking up so much of the cpu power. I'm still waiting for the PG to stop working so I can try it out. :)

Rich

Posts 5267
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 10 2010 5:10 AM

Hi Rich

Save a named layout with them all collapsed.

Call on that when you forget to shut them before exiting.

Tootle pip

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 19
Kenny Sipes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 10 2010 11:00 AM

I am having similar issues. I think when I updated it opened my last layout which had a few searches open. Now if I try to close those searches it hangs and I have to Force Quit.

It is currently rendering the program useless. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Posts 19
Kenny Sipes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 10 2010 2:03 PM

I think that this might have fixed it. http://community.logos.com/forums/t/14986.aspx

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS