Green Highlights

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 149
Mark E. Ryman | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 20 2017 4:33 AM

Since upgrading to Logos 7, green highlighting (not my own, and nonsensical) has appeared in my default Bible. Any ideas how to get rid of this...and for that matter, why it has happened?

This is occurring on my computer only—not on my Android phone or my iPad. 

Posts 22075
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 20 2017 5:59 AM

Mark E. Ryman:
Any ideas how to get rid of this...and for that matter, why it has happened?

It could be as the result of a Visual Filter - though not clear what the search term would be.

If you disable Visual Filters in the resource - red outlined box below - do they disappear? If so, we can look at what Visual Filters you have

Posts 149
Mark E. Ryman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 20 2017 7:01 AM

I clicked Visual Filters and the green disappeared. I then tried to click either of the two visual filters. The green remained. 

Posts 149
Mark E. Ryman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 20 2017 7:06 AM

I only have two visual filters...

Posts 22075
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 20 2017 7:40 AM

Mark E. Ryman:
I only have two visual filters...

Please open them and post screenshots showing their contents.

You open them from the Documents menu

Posts 149
Mark E. Ryman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 20 2017 8:40 AM

I deleted the Untitled visual filter, so this is the only one now. And it's the culprit. Though I don't know where it came from or why it just started showing up. It was "created" on May 7th.

Posts 22075
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 20 2017 8:52 AM

Is it possible you created it to see how it would work?

Anyway, if you delete it you should be ok

Posts 82
Kristine Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 20 2017 9:42 AM

Mark Ward made a blog post May 4 about subtly highlighting figurative language, he used a blue foreground, I believe, here:

https://blog.logos.com/2017/05/power-spotting-metaphors-bible-study/#more-83966

Mark mentions in the article that the highlight can be made anything one desired.  I think you may have followed his directions, and then experimented with making the highlight green.  I left it the subtle blue foreground.  Some NT passages seem to be one instance of figurative language after another, so much is highlighted. I have mine set to a different bible than my primary bible, and not All Bibles, so I only see that visual filter in one bible.

Posts 149
Mark E. Ryman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 20 2017 10:10 AM

Could have by accident, I suppose. Don't remember doing so. What puzzles me is why it would only now show up. At any rate, it's fixed. Thank you for your help. 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS