Layouts improvement still needed.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 27 2017 4:59 PM

Is it me or is working with Layouts more of a challenge now? 

I used to be able to create a layout and then put that named layout on my menu.  I either forgot how or the functionality is gone.  Try as I might I cannot drag and drop the named layout from the layout menu (which to me seems like it used to work that way). 

Also, wouldn't it be nice to mark and delete a whole bunch of layouts you no longer need?

I hope when they make 8.0 they spend some time on such basic user functionality.  Premade layouts are great (thanks Faithlife good job) but custom made ones should be easily placed on the menu to access them more quickly imho.

Posts 21914
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 28 2017 12:53 AM

JoshInRI:
I used to be able to create a layout and then put that named layout on my menu.  I either forgot how or the functionality is gone.  Try as I might I cannot drag and drop the named layout from the layout menu (which to me seems like it used to work that way). 

This is working fine for me (on the beta version of Logos 7.11 on Windows 10). What version of Logos 7 are you using and on what platform?

JoshInRI:
Also, wouldn't it be nice to mark and delete a whole bunch of layouts you no longer need?

Yes - that would be really helpful

Posts 21914
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 28 2017 1:09 AM

And I've just tried it on the stable version of 7.10 and it works fine there as well.

What steps - exactly - are you taking?

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 31 2017 5:36 PM

is there a wiki on how to do this.  I just want to create a layout and drag it to my top menu in Logos please?

thanks.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 31 2017 5:46 PM

Make the layout and save it. From the layout menu drag and drop on the shortcut bar. Then click the shortcut to open the layout. I would also add the Update Active Layout to the shortcut bar too and click it or you can use the layout menu and update the layout when you get done. Otherwise, if you don't update the layout when you click next on the shortcut bar it will load from the previous save.

Posts 21914
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 1 2017 12:16 AM

JoshInRI:

is there a wiki on how to do this.  I just want to create a layout and drag it to my top menu in Logos please?

thanks.

https://wiki.logos.com/Shortcuts_bar#Creating_a_Shortcut_to_a_named_Layout Is for an earlier version of Logos but the principles are the same.

But it’s as Matt described it

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS