Suggestion: Link all books you open automatically to section of Bible you are in

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 27 2017 5:58 PM

I recommend a new feature in which each book one opens into a new tab automatically link to the first one's location.  In short, I want to not have to click A (in the linkset) on every book I open to link it to an open place in my Bible please. 

Suggestion:  What about altering a standard layout like Bible and Commentary (which Faithlife developers graciously created for us - yay) and every new book tab you add therafter in a layout links automatically to the same Scripture reference the user created in the Bible - sort of like an anchor in the Bible and each book after it that is added goes to same location.  Is this possible please?

Assume that a person starting with Bible and commentary wants to add other commentaries at least please.  (Is this what the parallel resource set filters does?)

Thanks.

Posts 3217
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 27 2017 6:26 PM

You might find the Multiview Resources tool useful, as it does not require use of any link sets. (It also offers better scrolling performance compared to link sets, and you won't lose your place in the bible, as would happen when you scroll a linked commentary).

For more information, see the Logos Pro video or forum thread about Multiview Resources.

A "power user" feature is to save different Multiview translations or commentaries, then drag the resource (bible) to your quick bar. This will let you quickly switch between alternate multiple views for that resource (bible).

Those newly opened views will automatically scroll along with your bible since they are a part of the Multiview pane.

JoshInRI:
I recommend a new feature in which each book one opens into a new tab automatically link to the first one's location.  In short, I want to not have to click A (in the linkset) on every book I open to link it to an open place in my Bible please. 

If you don't want to use Multiview, and find yourself repeatedly opening and linking the same commentaries, you could save that as a custom layout. FL provided a simple layout with a Bible and one commentary, but there's no reason why your layout has to be limited to only one commentary. You really have complete flexibility to determine how you want your commentaries (and other resources) to be laid out.

JoshInRI:
What about altering a standard layout like Bible and Commentary

The program lets you replace a QuickStart layout with a custom layout of your choosing. You might find some helpful suggestion in the Logos Pro Layouts video.

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 27 2017 6:56 PM

Thanks Petah....well written.  I will do this all for sure.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS