Mobile Ed: Hide all except the transcript

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 4 2017 12:27 PM

I only read the transcripts; the rest I never use, so would gain utility by hiding.

Are the pieces of a course separate entities, such that I can do the above and still retain full use of the transcription?

Posts 25355
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 4 2017 12:43 PM

scooter:

I only read the transcripts; the rest I never use, so would gain utility by hiding.

Are the pieces of a course separate entities, such that I can do the above and still retain full use of the transcription?

I think so - you can hide the Activities and the Videos - but I haven't done this to check wherever there is any impact.

But I'm interested to understand what extra benefit this would bring. Is it a disk space issue or something else?

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 4 2017 1:03 PM

Thanks, Graham.  I read and highlight only.  Long verbalized explanations tend to eventually turn into...well...not much in the end.  I tend to blank them out.  Sermons with no power point impact me little. 

If I try this, each course would have one entry in my index.  This would give a clean, crisp look.

I would like the courses to cost one-fifth of what they do and contain the transcription and the readings.

Posts 25355
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 4 2017 1:08 PM

scooter:
I would like the courses to cost one-fifth of what they do and contain the transcription and the readings.

Understood - and that would need to be something for Faithlife.

I would expect, though, that most of the costs are in engaging the speaker(s) and producing the videos so I doubt if this is going to happen any time soon.

But that is pure speculation on my part based on no inside knowledge at allSmile

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 4 2017 1:20 PM

Graham Criddle:
I would expect, though, that most of the costs are in engaging the speaker(s) and producing the videos so I doubt if this is going to happen any time soon.

My wish is not going to find a horse to ride, I have to say.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS