Mobile Ed. Subscription Light

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 6 2017 3:22 AM

The idea of a mobile ed. subscription is good but let's face it, many of us won't be able to dish out $50 a month. This being said, most of us probably don't need to have access to all the included courses for one month. The cheaper alternative -- access to one free course a month through Logos Now -- is lacking in flexibility: one cannot choose which course and what is being offered may or may not be of interest to the user or may not be timely (in terms of one's most urgent needs). 

I would be prepared to pay a subscription "light" that would allow me to choose and access even just one course a month out of the catalogue of offerings even if I cannot keep it, but for a price closer to LN. 

Posts 27
Julian West | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 7 2017 8:44 PM

There's a mobile Ed subscription?

Logos 7 Base + Platinum Library + Now | Surface Pro 2017 | i7-7700K Desktop | i7-4800MQ Gaming Laptop | Android 7.1.2

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 7 2017 9:08 PM

https://www.logos.com/product/56677/mobile-ed-subscription

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 27
Julian West | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 8 2017 6:54 AM

Thanks for the link.  I looked for it before asking and I couldn't find it and even after having the link, I still couldn't find it--it's rather apocryphal :).

Suggestion: Add "Subscription" under the Products | Courses menu; add it to the "What is Logos Mobile Ed?" page and add it to the submenu bar on that page ("Certificates Topics Courses Faculty About My Courses").

The main reason I wouldn't consider this (or even purchasing a m.Ed course) is that most of the practical material is in locked resources I have to buy in order to go to the full depth of the course--if I'm paying that much for and investing the time into a course, I want everything out of it; I feel baited. 

The course I'm currently taking (included w/Platinum) has 343 links to 46 different resources, all but, I think, two I do not have access to.  After all that (cost and hassle), bible college/seminary seems to be a better value.  Mobile Ed is somewhere between college and the YouTube machine but, although it has great seminary professors (I can listen to Darrell Bock all day), it's closer to the latter rather than the former.

Suggestion: include linked resources at dynamic pricing with the course; include access to linked unowned resources with m.Ed subscription.

Logos 7 Base + Platinum Library + Now | Surface Pro 2017 | i7-7700K Desktop | i7-4800MQ Gaming Laptop | Android 7.1.2

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 8 2017 7:51 AM

Julian West:
Suggestion: include linked resources at dynamic pricing with the course; include access to linked unowned resources with m.Ed subscription.

I support Mr. West's idea here.  This obviates the need to play the Platinum card.

Remove the audio/video from the course and charge 1/5th the price.  I will buy more courses and more books.

Posts 2840
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 13 2017 6:15 AM

I totally agree. I was just thinking this. I like Mobile Ed courses, but I don't pour through them quick enough to finish one in a month so the free course each month doesn't help me. A $10/month to use one course until I'm done and then can move on to another would be a real positive and I'd subscribe the moment I finished the 3 courses I currently own. People who want 2 could get 2 for maybe $17.99 or 3 for $25.99 or something like that. I will never subscribe for $50/month.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS