Oxyrhynchus Shipping

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8711
Denise | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 14 2017 12:15 PM

Well, good old George (a forum regular) didn't get to see the day. And I was a doubting Thomasina.

https://www.logos.com/product/16528/oxyrhynchus-papyri 

The page has a good write-up.  There's now 70 volumes; this was an early cut, and includes discussion per mss.

For a more list-y discussion (what you get and what you don't):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxyrhynchus_Papyri 

If you're wondering value?

- Well, it's just pretty nifty. Granted, we're near a century ago. It's an archived pdf.

- Logos word studies mainly

- Duke's Oxy's are spotty for most Logos word studies

Posts 615
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 14 2017 12:23 PM

I'm glad you're excited Denise. As you use it please let me know how you use it. I'm very open to making changes to the resources that would make them more useful in your studies.

Posts 998
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 14 2017 1:24 PM

Denise:

Well, good old George (a forum regular) didn't get to see the day. And I was a doubting Thomasina.

What has happened to George? I haven't seen him post in a long while.

Posts 8711
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 14 2017 2:04 PM

William Gabriel:

Denise:

What has happened to George? I haven't seen him post in a long while.

I think he passed on, but I can't find the notice.  He was a humorous tarmagant (in a good way)

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/43455.aspx 

Posts 8711
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 14 2017 2:09 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

I'm glad you're excited Denise. As you use it please let me know how you use it. I'm very open to making changes to the resources that would make them more useful in your studies.

Will do, Kyle.

But I hope our DSS-helpful-guy and Australian-guy (I'm hopeless on names) will pipe up, among others.  My use centers on more fodder for my linguistic neural nets. They're voracious, especially where the greek is datable.

Posts 1425
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 14 2017 6:06 PM

I've been afraid something had happened to George, as he hadn't posted in over a year. I frequently looked forward to him popping in on an Old Testament thread. I also liked it when he would post things with the purpose of encouraging the rest (least) of us to think through interpretive issues, etc. There are some forum users such that I will read a thread if they have posted to it, whether or not I am interested in the topic, because I know I am likely to learn something (you know who those are). George was in that group.

There was once a page where deceased MVPs were commemorated. At the time, only Milford Murray was on it. Even though (I don't think) George was an MVP, it would be nice to commemorate him, Matthew Jones, Steve Clark, and Milford, and probably others I don't know about. It might be difficult to accurately maintain, though.

I'll probably have to settle for thinking of George whenever I misuse a reverse interlinear.

Win7/10 Android/Fire OS 5

Posts 16282
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 15 2017 12:04 AM

Robert M. Warren:
There was once a page where deceased MVPs were commemorated.

Robert M. Warren:
Even though (I don't think) George was an MVP, it would be nice to commemorate him, Matthew Jones, Steve Clark, and Milford, and probably others I don't know about.

George Somsel and Steve Clark were not MVP's.

Robert M. Warren:
I'll probably have to settle for thinking of George whenever I misuse a reverse interlinear.

+1 along with thinking about Rosie for Library stars.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.