Intro to FL Math 101

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4406
David Paul | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 20 2017 2:58 AM

Cost of Hoarder's Edition w/ current 20% off sale price...

Cost of Hoarder's Edition w/ 25% LN discount applied...

No matter how much I try, I can't get my calculator to corroborate FL's math. If $2.19 is 5% of my cost, then I should only be paying $32.85 for CE. Where am I going wrong?

The (not so) funny thing is that I suspect that $2.19 could be the result of having the Full Feature Set taken from me in trade for LN.

So I'm left wondering:

1) If the $2.19 "savings" is for the FFS, am I really getting $0 and 0% savings by joining LN, rather than the advertised 5%?
2) If I'm paying the same amount in both cases, why am I not getting the FFS if I join LN? I understand that may not "need" it since LN includes it. But if I eventually quit LN, am I going to lose the features that I paid for (again, my price is the same w/ or w/o FFS) but "didn't need" with LN?

Would appreciate any explanation that accounts for this apparent incongruity.

Posts 8690
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 20 2017 3:42 AM

I can't help much, only by verifying that the 25% discount on the library is calculated correctly (you get a great dynamic price!), whereas the Collector's sale seems to give like 28.6% off - i.e. you get the Full Feature set for nearly free. EDIT: maybe there's a special discount for buying a BP as LN member that adds up to what everybody gets. /EDIT If you really are interested in getting Collector's, go for that!

For me, the Collector's sale is around 21.8% off, whereas the library calculates at precisely 25% off.

EDIT: But Collector's is way beyond my current spending limit.

Running Logos 7 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1984
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 20 2017 6:02 AM

David Paul:
1) If the $2.19 "savings" is for the FFS, am I really getting $0 and 0% savings by joining LN, rather than the advertised 5%?

NB.Mick:
maybe there's a special discount for buying a BP as LN member that adds up to what everybody gets

There is a combo discount for buying a base package (library + feature set), which accounts for the higher savings on the base package, compared to the library itself (even with its extra 5% off).

When L7 first came out, the pricing was so difficult to figure out, that FL ended up sharing a spreadsheet to help customers understand how the savings were calculated for all the different combinations of library, feature set, and/or Logos Now.

Personally, I'd take advantage of the combo discount, and get the FFS also for an additional $2.19.

If you don't need any of the other features of LN, you can save that $99 over the next year and put it towards L8.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.