What we need here is a clock.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5268
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 12 2010 2:29 PM

How about putting a clock on the Forum pages or better still changing the 'time posted 'to time lapsed since post'.

You have an international market folks - and some of us know that you don't get up in the morning cos nothing happens until about 4 in the afternoon here.

Tootle pip

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2010 2:55 PM

Mike Binks:
and some of us know that you don't get up in the morning cos nothing happens until about 4 in the afternoon here

It doesn't have much to do with where we are.......Some folks are just early risers, some night crawlers. Some are just plain insomniacs. There was a short period where Rosie posted, on average, every five minutes for one day. I am not kidding. I counted them and commented to my wife. All I can figure is Rosie had a new blend of high-octane coffee.

A clock would make some of us feel guilty for "time elapsed since you signed on."  In the old days we would see whose computer ran the longest without having to reboot. Linux machines go for years w/ups. Windows may go for a whole day!Geeked

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 3915
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2010 3:04 PM

I would like to see the time posted in my time zone . . . or at least designated as PT.  I am always messed up trying to figure out when something was posted relative to my own timezone.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2010 4:51 PM

Dan DeVilder:

I would like to see the time posted in my time zone . . . or at least designated as PT.  I am always messed up trying to figure out when something was posted relative to my own timezone.

In the Options (Edit on the upper right hand side of the page) you can set your timezone so you can see when everything was posted in your time zone. I see times in EST and not the default PST.

EDIT: It's under site options (the second green button), here's what you're looking for

Posts 3915
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2010 5:26 PM

Kevin Becker:

Dan DeVilder:

In the Options (Edit on the upper right hand side of the page) you can set your timezone so you can see when everything was posted in your time zone. I see times in EST and not the default PST.

EDIT: It's under site options (the second green button), here's what you're looking for

you are the man, Kevin!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 3738
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2010 10:16 PM

<huge grin>

Got all the way there & suddenly realized that as of 10/15, I'm now IN PST... don't need to change!

LOL...

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 208
Aaron Knotts | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2010 10:39 PM

woohoo..... GMT +12 !

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2010 5:40 AM

Naw! I figured out how to change ages ago, but I didn't want to. I just love seeing posts as PST and visualising what folks are doing on the Pacific coast of USA/Canada. It's my way of travelling outside Great Britain, which I've never done and have no plans to do. Right now they should all be asleep in bed. Sleep

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS