Understanding Circumcision = Cut Off

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5267
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 12 2010 3:17 PM

Hi all

The Home Page has an article 'Understanding Circumcision' if I click on the more at the end of this article it opens Acts 15 :1-11 rather than extending the article.

I feel a bit cut off.

tootle pip

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2010 3:19 PM

Can you post a screen shot of what you're seeing/doing?

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 5267
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2010 3:25 PM

If I click on the 'more' next to Logos Blog the window jumps to the NIV and Acts

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2010 3:37 PM

David Mitchell:

Can you post a screen shot of what you're seeing/doing?

EDITED: Picture removed because it is found offensive by non-Jews (Goyim)

Jews have a long history of making fun of their own. I am a Christian first so I guess I'll forfeitt that part of my humor in deference.

I love you MJ. Thanks for looking out for others' sensitivities.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 90
Chris Hulshof | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2010 6:59 PM

"Circumcision: "_________Edited_______________"

Taken From "Bacon Sandwiches and Salvation - A Humorous Antidote for the Pharisee in All of Us" by Adrian Plass

I love Adrian Plass' is writing....perhaps one of the funniest Christian writers that most Americans have never heard of.  His "Sacred Diary of Adrian Plass" is one of the more humorous and painfully true Christian fiction books you will ever encounter.  I'm grateful for a former colleague of mine who introduced me to this bemused Anglican....Of course this is the second time this month I've quoted something from him that caused someone to raise their eyebrows at me.

Sorry MJ and any others who also thought otherwise of my unfiltered post.

Chris

"If heaven ain't a gift I ain't gettin' in." - Lecrae Moore

Posts 32207
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2010 7:08 PM

Thank you both for editing your posts.                                                                                         .

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5267
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2010 1:03 AM

Well we are all 'lovie dovie' and the last few posts have me bemused...

so has any body actually got any idea why the Home Page performed as it did?

tootle pip

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

Posts 32207
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2010 1:15 AM

Mike Binks:

Unfortunately, the home page uses a random generation routine so that we can't test to see what is going on. In another thread Rosie has found the file used for the home page. If it is still incorrect you could capture that file and attach it to a bug report ... or you can retitle this thread as a Bug report and hope someone from Logos can check this out.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 19229
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2010 3:12 AM

MJ. Smith:

Mike Binks:

In another thread Rosie has found the file used for the home page. If it is still incorrect you could capture that file and attach it to a bug report ... or you can retitle this thread as a Bug report and hope someone from Logos can check this out.

The file is in ...\Logos4\Data\{random id}\HomePage\{today's date}

Look for a file called document-column8.xaml, or something similar.

And yes, your bug reports are more likely to get seen by Logos employees if you prefix them with "Bug: "  -- there are too many posts here for them to keep up with everything so they look for that, I'm sure. If it's within the window of opportunity for you to edit your post (I think it's 18 hours), you can click on "More" to the right of it, and choose "Edit" -- then you can edit the subject line and repost.

Posts 227
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2010 9:15 AM

Hey Mike,

A couple questions:

1.) What is your screen resolution?

2.) Is this the only article you've seen cut short like that?

Also, it might be helpful to verify, you're using the latest Alpha, right? I'm afraid there's probably not a whole lot we can do, since the home page will change and resize itself every day, but if you are still seeing the article, a couple things to check would be if it does that in full screen vs. windowed mode, by restoring the window down to different sizes. I suspect something about your resolution combined with the length of that article was difficult to auto-size properly.

Mike

Mike

Faithlife Tech Support
Win Logs|Mac Logs|Training

Posts 5267
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2010 11:15 AM

Hi Mike

Thanks for getting back to me. I reported the incident because I thought that there just might be an underlying bug or a mis-direction on the link.

To answer your questions

1 On the imac 1920 x 1200 ; on the secondary monitor 1280 x 1024 I don't actually remember which screen it the home page was on but it was almost certainly in the second space of a two space set up.

2. Yes it is the only article that I have seen doing this and all the others on the page worked as expected.

3 You bet I am using the latest AlphaWink

But it wasn't that the article had difficulty auto sizing it a click on more change to a passage from the bible (NIV) in a completely new window.

I hope that this help - at least a little.

tootle pip 

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

Posts 227
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2010 1:04 PM

Okay, we'll make sure the Mac Dev's know about it, and hopefully they will be able to track down the problem. Thank you for your input. This kind of input is what makes Alpha/Betas work.

Mike

Mike

Faithlife Tech Support
Win Logs|Mac Logs|Training

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS