Posts 82
Wade Bishop | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 13 2010 6:39 AM

I'm ready for A18 - are you!?  keep up the good work guys!Big Smile

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2010 10:12 AM

Me too, I can't wait!!! I love Logos 4!

Posts 9
Pastor Allen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2010 11:21 AM

Maybe the interlinear is not far around the corner....

Posts 82
Wade Bishop | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2010 1:01 PM

does anyone know if we'll get it TOMORROW or next week?

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2010 1:04 PM

Alphas are scheduled for every other Monday. The next one should come out on April 19.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 455
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2010 1:11 PM

David,

Early on in the Alpha progress I seem to remember a few builds coming out a bit faster than the every other week. Any chance we would see some of that again?!? Thanks for everything so far and the sneak peaks into A18!

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2010 1:27 PM

David Mitchell:
Alphas are scheduled for every other Monday. The next one should come out on April 19.

Great! That's the day I get back from my holiday (with my old Toshiba Tablet M200 and L3). I'll fire up my iMac when I get home and I'll be able to download A18. What a welcome home!

Thanks, Mac developers, for being so thoughtful. Big Smile

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2010 1:28 PM

There's a significant amount of overhead associated with shipping a new Alpha. Given the current size of the team (13 full time developers--and an intern--in two cities), it would be difficult to release more often than we are without slowing down the rate at which features are completed.

My intuition is that most Alpha users would prefer more new features over more alphas. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong Wink.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 5256
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2010 1:40 PM

On another platform I used software that was released on nightly builds - some of which were really problematical.

I think that the balance is about right here - the fortnightly update re-assures and keeps interest up - it allows user testing (and the finding of things that have been missed) - and it keeps the forum balanced with praise for new developments and raising of problems as they occur.

Providing that quick fixes can be found for really serious faults in the alpha (like 16a) then I am content with the program as it is.

Tootle pip

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 82
Wade Bishop | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2010 2:18 PM

thx David!  i often lose track of time and anticipate the new Alphas earlier.  you guys keep up the GREAT work!  i am lovn' every new Alpha; it's like Christmas every two weeks!  GOD bless :)

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS