Logos Won't Open after Update

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 512
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 27 2017 5:27 PM

This afternoon I ordered the Logos 7 Essential Upgrade and ran the download.  The program wanted to restart, so I closed it and tried to restart.  It will now not open.  I ran the download on both of my laptops and it will not open on either one.

I have restarted my computer multiple times and tried a few other things.

Any suggestions?  

Posts 28905
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 27 2017 5:59 PM

Daniel Yoder:
This afternoon I ordered the Logos 7 Essential Upgrade and ran the download.

It is unlikely related to the purchase, but rather the updated engine (released today). Please enable and post logs (see my signature line). 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2792
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 27 2017 6:58 PM

alabama24:
It is unlikely related to the purchase, but rather the updated engine (released today).

Agree with issue with update as source of the problem. I encountered a similar issue and resolved it by CTRL start to blank page.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.1

Posts 20
K. Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 28 2017 2:45 AM

I was also able to start after the new update by holding down the CTRL key and then opening Logos. Unfortunately it only showed a white screen and when I tried to load a layout from the history the application just hung.

60478.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 26233
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 28 2017 4:01 AM

K. Thomas:
nd then opening Logos. Unfortunately it only showed a white screen and when I tried to load a layout from the history the application just hung.

Rebuild the layout, but does it hang if you just open resources?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2792
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 28 2017 4:09 AM

Dave Hooton:
does it hang if you just open resources?

No, if you open resources in minimized screen you can use Logos as normal provided you don't try to jump to full screen or open layouts. See here

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/154779/938800.aspx#938800 

You can re-size screen without ill effects. There's definitely a bug though.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.1

Posts 512
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 28 2017 6:54 AM

The issue appears to have been fixed, at least for me.  

Posts 512
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 28 2017 6:55 AM

Thanks to those who offered suggestions.  

Posts 20
K. Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 28 2017 5:57 PM

Dave Hooton:

K. Thomas:
nd then opening Logos. Unfortunately it only showed a white screen and when I tried to load a layout from the history the application just hung.

Rebuild the layout, but does it hang if you just open resources?

I can load resources or a default layout but if I try to customize the layout then the applications hangs.

Posts 1
Dr. John Mann | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 28 2017 7:25 PM

I have tried all of the above and continue to have problems. Logos 7 brings up the initial blue, square box and hangs up. I deleted the software and reinstalled it. I enabled logging and opened Logos while holding down the Control key. Nothing has worked. 

Posts 1
Dan Prewitt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 29 2017 10:28 AM

I am having the same problem - hoping for answers!

Posts 3279
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 29 2017 10:52 AM

Hi Dan and John,

We are aware of the issue that is affecting some of our Windows users, and working on finding a fix. As soon as possible we will ship a Service Release.

Posts 2
Vance Preston Freeman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 29 2017 11:18 AM

Just FYI--I cannot post a log, because holding down the Ctrl Key doesn't work.  

Posts 1
Stan Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 7:35 AM

I am having the same issues, and have for a week!  When is the Service release going to come out?  This is really frustrating!  Please help!

Posts 712
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 7:44 AM

Stan Myers:

I am having the same issues, and have for a week!  When is the Service release going to come out?  This is really frustrating!  Please help!

7.11 SR1 is available. Use the download link found in Philana's post https://community.logos.com/forums/t/154910.aspx if your software will not open and update automatically.

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential | Logos 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | Logos 9 Academic Professional

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS