L4 CRASH During BIBLICAL PEOPLE

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 82
Wade Bishop | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 14 2010 4:50 AM

i went from the "home" screen to biblical people and once i closed biblical people it "beach-balled" and crash.

LOGS:

8738.Archive.zip

Posts 5267
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2010 5:35 AM

Hi Wade.

I understand that there is a significant memory leak in Biblical People and much use leads to a crash.

I wonder what the outlook is with A18 for this problem.

tootle pip

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 3187
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2010 3:11 PM

Wade:

Did you happen to catch the name of the person Biblical People was searching from prior to the beach-ball-of-death and crash?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2010 9:37 PM

Appears Linking Passage Guide with automatic Biblical People and Places updates has spinning beach ball chances:

1) Initial layout open is OK

2) Scroll Bible text to Genesis 37 - Passage Guide updates Biblical People, ...

3) Scroll Bible text to Genesis 38 - noted several stack traces in Console Messages, then scroll to Genesis 39 missing Biblical People, ...

Spinning Beach Ball for minutes - did force quit.  Posting console messages and Logos4.log

0143.A17-Stack-Trace.zip

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 8:38 AM

Wade:

I've filed a bug for this; could you provide more details about what you did to get from the home page to Biblical People? Did you use the Tools menu, or type a command in the command bar?

Also, did the Biblical People panel actually show up, or did it crash before you got that far?

Keep Smiling:

I've filed a bug for the issues in your logs. Additionally, if you have a crash that results from a significantly different set of steps (panel linking vs simply opening a panel, for example), it will help us to stay organized (and prevent issues from slipping through the cracks) if you start a new thread.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 17
Rob Poelking | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 6:10 PM

I experienced a not quite so complicated a problem. I simply clicked on the family tree for Mary and it crashed. Seeing as there is a known bug on this one, I won't be doing that again. 

Posts 17
Rob Poelking | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 6:12 PM

Ok, except that now when I've restared Logos, it's redoing the index? 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS