How to back up documents

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 113
bryan jay | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 28 2017 6:54 AM

I've been creating Notes files and Passage Lists for years in Logos.  Can anyone tell me how to create regular backups of these files?  I'm starting to feel anxious about possibly losing years of Bible study and research if I don't have an adequate backup somewhere.

Theological Reflection with Practical Application

SubmittedToTheWord.com

Posts 2740
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 28 2017 8:37 AM

bryan jay:
Can anyone tell me how to create regular backups of these files?

All your documents are backed up on Faithlife servers, so you really don't need to make local backups (assuming FL's viability, of course...but that's been discussed ad nauseum elsewhere).

The only way I know to make local backups is to Print/Export the documents into MS Word or similar. Then you'll be able to store these locally, and have to back them up locally, but you won't be able to easily restore them to a local, non-internet-linked copy of Logos, should the sky fall.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 17686
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 28 2017 11:04 AM

One backup option is copying folders for offline quick installation. Logos wiki has => Quick Installation onto multiple computers and => Quick Installation onto Multiple Macs

Another "backup" option is installing Logos on your computers (so if one of your computers is unusable, can use another one). More than one computer provides work flow opportunities since different computers and have different items open in Logos. Caveat: have learned to have Library prioritize only open in one installation (after surprising sync sorted stuff).

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS