Bible Reference Tagging in "The New Testament in the Apostolic Fathers"

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 51
John Percival | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 30 2017 4:07 AM

Barely any of the Bible references in "The New Testament in the Apostolic Fathers" have been tagged/linked, which makes searching very tricky. Can anyone help me please?

Posts 25355
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 30 2017 4:12 AM

John Percival:
Can anyone help me please?

Updates to this resource would need to be done by the Faithlife team.

There's nothing we, as fellow users, can do.

Hopefully someone from Faithlife will see this and comment.

Posts 3181
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 30 2017 4:48 AM

John Percival:

Barely any of the Bible references in "The New Testament in the Apostolic Fathers" have been tagged/linked, which makes searching very tricky. Can anyone help me please?

This is a popular resource and highly rated despite the problem you have noted moreover, this issue was noted by the first reviewer see resource page https://www.logos.com/product/3047/the-new-testament-in-the-apostolic-fathers My recommendation is that you issue a UserVoice request and leave a link here and post a link to this thread on your request page. I would vote for its implementation and I believe the scores of people who own this resource would vote if it is adequately publicized.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 51
John Percival | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 30 2017 4:50 AM

Thanks, what is a UserVoice request and how do I make one?

Posts 3181
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 30 2017 4:54 AM

John Percival:
Thanks, what is a UserVoice request and how do I make one?

See here and follow the instructions on site https://suggestbooks.uservoice.com/   

Edit: Towards the end of publicity, I would create a thread in Catholic Products forum.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 51
John Percival | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 30 2017 5:08 AM

Thanks for that link. That appears to be for suggesting new books for Logos, while I'm asking that a product that they already offer is fixed (I take the lack of links to be a bug rather than the absence of a feature, given how FL promotes the inter-connectedness of resources they offer). Is this bug report the right sort of thing to post there?

Posts 3181
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 30 2017 5:13 AM

John Percival:
Thanks for that link. That appears to be for suggesting new books for Logos,

You are very perceptive, my mistake here is the correct site https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-7 

Posts 3181
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 30 2017 5:34 AM

John Percival:
Get voting...

Gave 2 votes. Post in Catholic Products for exposureSmile

Posts 12167
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 30 2017 5:44 AM

Beloved:

John Percival:

This is a popular resource and highly rated despite the problem you have noted moreover, this issue was noted by the first reviewer see resource page https://www.logos.com/product/3047/the-new-testament-in-the-apostolic-fathers My recommendation is that you issue a UserVoice request

I personally don't think that bringing a resource to bare minimum standard should require a uservoice request. It seems, bible verse references are in the normal text, but somehow were missed in the lot of tables - this is a resource bug, not a development request. I reported this as a typo for the first instance with a comment that it is pervasive. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 51
John Percival | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 30 2017 6:12 AM

NB.Mick:

I personally don't think that bringing a resource to bare minimum standard should require a uservoice request. It seems, bible verse references are in the normal text, but somehow were missed in the lot of tables - this is a resource bug, not a development request. I reported this as a typo for the first instance with a comment that it is pervasive. 

I agree - this is a resource bug not a feature request or suggestion. Hopefully this is something FL can fix easily and quickly - it's not a huge resource, and they must have software that does most of the tagging for them.

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee

John Percival:

I've reported this problem to our resource production team.

Posts 3181
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 30 2017 7:31 AM

I guess we can move our votes out of UserVoice. Thanks Bradley and Thanks Mick for the correction. I'm glad this has gotten the attention it deserves

Posts 51
John Percival | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 5 2018 8:14 AM

What's the timeframe for sorting this kind of issue? I'm guessing that the delay is not technical but organisational. Is there a big backlog of these sort of issues that need fixing? It feels like submitting typos to Logos is like putting them into a big black box, with no kind of feedback of what action is being taken nor how long it will take. I've got the same issue with another resource. Some kind of official communication, or pointer to where we can find information about this sort of thing would be really helpful. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS