Table of Contents Issue in L7

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4426
David Paul | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 30 2017 4:26 AM

From the time of L4, there has been an on-going issue with Logos's handling of the TOC bar on the left side of my Bible (NASB95) window. Every time I restart the program, the TOC resizes to about an inch wide on my screen, and so I have to manually resize the window down to about 1/3 inch (essentially as small as it can get). That is irritating, but I have never complained about it because it only takes a few seconds to fix. That is, until recently. Now when I hover the cursor over the edge of the TOC bar, I don't get a cursor symbol that allows me to resize. That's a problem, or perhaps I should say a PROBLEM because it severely curtails my limited screen space. So since I'm addressing this issue here, I would like to see FL resolve the problem fully by causing the program to REMEMBER where I set my TOC bar and fix the inability to resize it, asap. Please and thank you.

Posts 1728
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 30 2017 5:26 AM

David Paul:
From the time of L4, there has been an on-going issue with Logos's handling of the TOC bar on the left side of my Bible (NASB95) window.

I'm sorry David, what's the problem? The NASB95 TOC appears to be no different then any other TOC in L7. See below.

Edit: You can resize moving cursor along right side of TOC pane double arrow appears.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 7321
LogosEmployee

David Paul:
Now when I hover the cursor over the edge of the TOC bar, I don't get a cursor symbol that allows me to resize.

I'm not able to reproduce this problem. I can resize the TOC down as shown:

David Paul:
Every time I restart the program, the TOC resizes to about an inch wide on my screen, and so I have to manually resize the window down to about 1/3 inch (essentially as small as it can get).

Assuming you've made it as small as my picture above, I'm curious why you don't just turn it off? What does having it shown (but very small) allow you to do that you couldn't do otherwise?

David Paul:
I would like to see FL resolve the problem fully by causing the program to REMEMBER where I set my TOC bar

I've created a case for this suggestion.

David Paul:
and fix the inability to resize it, asap

As above, I'm not able to reproduce this problem; maybe it other people are also experiencing it, we can identify the common factor.

Posts 4426
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 5 2017 9:32 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
Assuming you've made it as small as my picture above, I'm curious why you don't just turn it off? What does having it shown (but very small) allow you to do that you couldn't do otherwise?

I use the TOC all the time, but as I know the Bible and I know how to count, I don't need to see the full names of chapter numbers to make use of it. I only need to see the first letters of the books. When I hover my cursor over the "Ch...", it shows the chapter # which I can click.

I've created a case for this suggestion.

Thanks. Hope this gets implemented.

As above, I'm not able to reproduce this problem; maybe it other people are also experiencing it, we can identify the common factor.

As of this moment, my TOC is shrunken to the left as I like it, but when I hover my cursor over the edge of it, I do not get the "left-right" cursor that allows the window to be resized. I have done things to make this go away in the past, like reboot the program, but that isn't a very good option. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS