Generate Reading Plan

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 200
Clifford B. Kvidahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 2 2017 3:06 PM

Is it not possible to generate a reading plan for Charlesworth's OTP? I have tried to select "Generate a Reading Plan" but it only seems to generate one day of reading while leaving the remaining days empty with no readings. Is there anyone else who has experienced this issue before?

Cliff

Posts 30536
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 2 2017 3:29 PM

I don't have the resource. What indexes does it have? 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 30536
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 2 2017 3:38 PM

Oh, by the way... Did you try the manual method? (i.e. Selecting each reading)? 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 200
Clifford B. Kvidahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 3 2017 10:51 AM

alabama24:

This resource does not have an index for OTP vol 1 (and OPT vol 1, Alternative texts). OTP vol 2 does have an index, but it still does the same thing as above.

As for adding readings manually, I really do not want to have to add a year's worth of reading individually. That is time-consuming and not worth it.

Cliff

Posts 3418
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 3 2017 11:51 AM

Clifford B. Kvidahl:
Is it not possible to generate a reading plan for Charlesworth's OTP? I have tried to select "Generate a Reading Plan" but it only seems to generate one day of reading while leaving the remaining days empty with no readings. Is there anyone else who has experienced this issue before?

OTP1&2 fail to generate reading plans, while Alternate Texts populate, however, the Start and Stop Reading markers appear to be wrong. I would report this entire series as a bug for this instance.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 3 2017 3:29 PM

Been listening to that complaint for a long time. I always manually create my plans now because of the control I have. Been doing it for so long it's easy and I can knock out several resources for the year long. I start up some music and get to it and before I know it I am done.

Clifford B. Kvidahl:

alabama24:

This resource does not have an index for OTP vol 1 (and OPT vol 1, Alternative texts). OTP vol 2 does have an index, but it still does the same thing as above.

As for adding readings manually, I really do not want to have to add a year's worth of reading individually. That is time-consuming and not worth it.

Cliff

Posts 3055
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 8:06 AM

This is a long-standing known issue with this and other similar books. The reading plan generator can only use a single milestone index to generate readings. A milestone index is a list of references in the book you can navigate to. You can find a list of the available indexes on the Information page of the resource (click the "i" button in the top right corner after opening the resource). This book and others like it contain a separate index for each of a number of different types of references. As a result, the reading plan generator picks the first one in the list and generates a plan for that. This results in a plan that only covers a portion of the book. Unfortunately, there is no workaround for this problem short of creating a custom reading plan.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS