Logos Crashes

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2
Julian Jaritz | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 4 2017 8:22 AM

Hello

I have an MacBook Pro 2010 which still works well in my daily work and duties, but when I do things like text comparison or other assistance tools with logos, it closes my logos / it crashes and  I need to open it up again. 

I wonder If it is because my hardware is not strong enough

MacBook Pro (13 Zoll, Mitte 2010 

2,66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

Can you help me? Thanks

Julian

Posts 88
T. L. Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 8:32 AM

Hello Julian, I don't think it's mere hardware because my Logos system is constantly crashing as well.  Whenever I click on my Homepage Icon, make certain searches, etc., it's crashing!  This has been happening since the last update!

I'm running a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

Processor 2 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

I really need this resolved!

Terry

Posts 2285
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 9:30 AM

Julian Jaritz:
I have an MacBook Pro 2010 which still works well in my daily work and duties, but when I do things like text comparison or other assistance tools with logos, it closes my logos / it crashes and  I need to open it up again.

Welcome to the forums Julian!

Both you and T.L. should post your diagnostic logs. See here https://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging 

Edit: I assume you are updated to the latest version 

Logos Bible Software 7.11 SR-1

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 2481
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 12:29 PM

Julian Jaritz:

Hello

I wonder If it is because my hardware is not strong enough

MacBook Pro (13 Zoll, Mitte 2010 

2,66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

Can you help me? Thanks

Julian

Hi Julian,

As Beloved said we will need you to enable logging and reporduce the crash and upload the logs. What passage in Text Comparison and what translations are you using (including the order)?

Thanks,

Philana

Posts 2
Julian Jaritz | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 5 2017 8:09 AM

Hello and thank you so much for your quick and helpful support. I tried finding the folder logos4 to share with you the loggings but could not find them. I find the application support but nothing more to move on further unfortunately. Any idea?

Thanks

Julian

Posts 4593
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 5 2017 10:15 AM

Julian Jaritz:
Any idea?

Hi Julian

If you click the link at the bottom of Philana's post you will find some more ideas.   :-)

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 5 2017 10:43 AM

Hello Julian,

I'm going to contact you offline about this. Expect an email from me shortly.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS