Anticipating his Arrival - free or temporary license?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2912
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 6 2017 8:48 AM

Earlier today I received an email with the following content:

For a limited time, everyone in the Logos Bible Software Faithlife group can get a free copy of Rick Brannan’s Anticipating His Arrival: A Family Guide Through Advent.

This devotional provides daily Scripture readings along with discussion questions—and answers. This is key: many Christian parents who have run family devotions know the experience of dutifully asking prescribed questions in a devotional but not quite knowing what the author was getting at. Brannan leads the reader along.

The readings in Anticipating His Arrival are brief, manageable for busy families. Rick tells a few relatable stories—like the time his family anticipated his own father’s arrival back from a military deployment—but he keeps the focus on the Bible, reading it and then understanding it.

Click here to get the book.

If I click through to the FL group, however, it says that this is a temporary license until 31 December. So which information is correct...?

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 2784
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 6 2017 9:20 AM

I permanently have this resource already, but, if I recall correctly, there was another resource offered in a similar way, and it was definitely temporary.

Posts 30529
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 6 2017 10:06 AM

Jan Krohn:
So which information is correct...?

Both? I agree that the first copy doesn't explicitly state that it is temporary ("for a limited time" could be taken as such) but it doesn't say it is permanent either. It should have been worded differently. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1608
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 6 2017 11:07 AM

I also permanently have this resource already.

Posts 532
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 6 2017 1:22 PM

I show this as having been added last year, but it has a temporary license.

Posts 2912
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 6 2017 1:38 PM

I got it last year as well, when it was free for sharing on Facebook or Twitter if I remember right.

The question of free or temporary licence came up when I posted the link on my Logos/Vyrso freebies mailing list.

Since I couldn't answer that, asking the broader community was the way to move forward...

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 55
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 6 2017 1:49 PM

I had the resource already, but my husband also signed up for the group study and received the book in his library with a permanent license. Hope that helps Smile

Posts 55
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 29 2017 8:13 PM

Apologies are in order. I have just noticed that this resource does in fact have a temporary license. Sorry if I unintentionally misled anyone Embarrassed 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS