Sermon Editor - Key Verses and Key Passages fields

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 20
gil4 | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 11 2017 8:56 PM

In the sermon editor, I can't get anything to same in the key verses and key passages fields. I can type info in the fields, but if I hit enter, nothing happens.  If I hit tab or click on any other field, the info in these fields disappears.  It's a minor annoyance, but any idea why these fields don't work?

Posts 24656
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 11 2017 11:13 PM

When you enter text into those fields you should get a dropdown menu with options.

Try clicking one of those options

Posts 20
gil4 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 12 2017 6:10 PM

I don't have any dropdown menus.  I tried clicking and rt-clicking everywhere in the boxes - nothing

Posts 142
Pastor Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 12 2017 9:07 PM

I had the same issue. There is no "drop down" menu. Start typing in, for example, 1 Peter 1:14  and you will find recommendations show up below the area where you are typing. Select the one you want. 

Posts 24656
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 13 2017 1:13 AM

gil4:
I don't have any dropdown menus.  I tried clicking and rt-clicking everywhere in the boxes - nothing

Just to try and ensure we are seeing the same thing

When you start typing a Bible passage - for example - you should see some options below that to choose from.

Clicking one of those options should put that verse range into the Key Passages box - and you can do this as many times as you like.

Questions:

1. Are the options appearing?
  2. Is it those options you are clicking and nothing is happening?

And which version of Logos 7 are you running - and on which platform?

Posts 1030
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 13 2017 2:42 AM

In my experience, the options for these fields take quite a while to populate and appear (sometimes more than a minute). You cannot do anything else while you wait! Just type the topic or passage you desire and then wait for options to appear. 

You can't enter your own information (I think), you have to select one of the options that Logos gives you.

Posts 24656
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 13 2017 5:19 AM

Richard Wardman:
In my experience, the options for these fields take quite a while to populate and appear (sometimes more than a minute).

Strange - I don't see that. 

Richard Wardman:
You can't enter your own information (I think), you have to select one of the options that Logos gives you.

That is correct

Posts 1030
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 15 2017 3:46 AM

Graham Criddle:
Strange - I don't see that. 

My laptop is a little slow Wink

Posts 20
gil4 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 12 2018 7:53 PM

I finally got it to work.  I just had to wait it out - about 30 seconds. My laptop isn't old, but it is a lower-end model.  

Posts 20
gil4 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 12 2018 7:57 PM

And now that I got one to work, it's working much faster.

Posts 15
Michael Morse | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 16 2018 5:52 PM

I experience that slowness for the suggested passages and for topics and my computer is an I7 with 8gb ram and an SSD drive

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS