Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 130
Lawrence Becker | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 16 2017 11:04 PM

I just did the latest update to my iMac, running 2.60.0057. I have been trying to put together two presentations tonight - the two presentations share announcements, scripture and sermon material. I bounce back and forth between them to make sure the announcements etc. are the same - and when I go back to the first one, it has reverted to a version from an hour or more before. 

I thought for a minute that i was just forgetting - but I am sure that things that I had prepared are simply gone. I DID make sure to press the sync button before I switched, and received the green check mark. The slides are not showing up in the re-use section, either.

This is frustrating, and not the first time this has happened. I have seen whole sections of presentations go missing that were there Saturday night but gone on Sunday morning on the church's Windows 10 pc and not noticed until the service is live and there's no way to get the material back. 

I can't be the only person dealing with this... Help!

Posts 130
Lawrence Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 16 2017 11:14 PM

Ok - it's getting worse - just staying on the same presentation, slides are disappearing from the presentation - I'm not even switching back and forth - the slides are just not there. 

What's going on?

Posts 166
LogosEmployee
Matt Mattox (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 17 2017 7:21 AM

Hello Rev. Lawrence,

I apologize that this is happening we recently discovered a bug that was causing the issue. Can you check that all computers are up to date. You mention your mac is up to date, but can you double check that your windows machine is updated as well. All computers need to be above 2.6.0.0042, but your windows computers should be on 2.6.0.0057 and mac is 2.6.0.0059.

Let me know how this goes and again I apologize that this happened to you. We take issues like these very seriously. 

Posts 130
Lawrence Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 17 2017 7:49 AM

Hi, Matt,

Thanks for getting back to me - Little busy this morning, so will just respond here. 

With regard to work flow, I note that when I do an add, the green sync button shows syncing and then the green check mark, so I don't usually click it after every add - but I DO click it and wait for a response before I switch to another presentation. 

Last night I was behind schedule (funeral yesterday) so I was in a bit of a crunch and was getting frustrated. I DID hit the green button after each add towards the end, and still several slides disappeared. They weren't in the data base either.

At the end of the evening (morning, actually), I started using the Save and Sync menu item - it's the same thing, right? And I just left the computer on and Proclaim open when I went to bed. 

This morning when I went to church and checked, there was just one slide missing - I think.... I was re-adding them so much, I may have missed that one. 

So is my work-flow not correct? I've been using Proclaim for several years and don't usually have an issue like this - though I have seen something like this before on a lesser scale and thought it was just me forgetting to copy things. 

Pastor Larry Becker

Posts 166
LogosEmployee
Matt Mattox (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 17 2017 8:14 AM

Hello Rev. Lawrence,

I am sorry to hear that. Sending my condolences.

You shouldn't have to hit the sync button so much though as it will automatically sync when making a change. Can you double check your church's computer and post back on what version it is on? (Help > About Proclaim)

As well can you  send us log files for both computers and attach them to this thread.

If you go to Help > Save log files > save that zip file > attach them here 

Thanks for your help while we track this down and sorry for the inconvenience. 

Posts 130
Lawrence Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 17 2017 11:54 AM

Funerals are what pastors do, and they often fall in the busiest times. 

I am out leading Christmas caroling this afternoon, and will try to upload the log files this evening.

Thanks for your help!

Pastor Larry Becker

Posts 130
Lawrence Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 17 2017 8:26 PM

2251.Proclaim Logs.zip

Here's the zip file of the logs from the iMac that I do most of the work on. Let me know if you see anything funky.

Thanks!  Pastor Becker

Posts 183
LogosEmployee
Brandon Adent (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 18 2017 12:30 PM

Thanks! These will be really helpful.

It looks like you sent us your Mac logs. It would also be very helpful to have the logs of the computer you were trying to sync with. This will allow us see what was going on on each computer while you were working on your presentation. Can you send us those logs please, as well as let us know the name of the presentation you were working on when you were having trouble?

Thanks so much for your help. Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of what's going on soon.

Posts 130
Lawrence Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 18 2017 12:41 PM

Attached are my office pc logs

7750.Becker Office pc-Proclaim Logs.zip

Posts 183
LogosEmployee
Brandon Adent (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 19 2017 9:10 AM

Thank you very much. We'll take a look and let you know what we find.

Posts 183
LogosEmployee
Brandon Adent (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 20 2017 4:02 PM

Hi Lawrence,

I checked out your logs and your presentation history (I found a presentation you were working on at the time you said slides were disappearing - "2017-12-17 8:30 Communion Advent 3"). I am seeing edits around that time, but there's nothing here that would indicate to me that something disappeared.

I'll keep looking here, but can you give me an example of something you expected to see and then didn't? Or an item that disappeared?

Posts 130
Lawrence Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 20 2017 5:06 PM

Yes, that's one of the presentations I was bouncing back and forth in - the other is the 10:45 service for the same date. 

I was, I think, trying to copy the scripture and sermon slides, along with the announcement slides, back and forth. I normally complete the bulk of it in the 8:30 service and copy it to the 10:45 service. The "Preservice loop" presentation for that date is one that my secretary prepares with most of the announcement slides in it, as well as contemporary music for the 10:45 service. 

So, the announcement slides, which appear in the pre-service and post-service loops, as well as an untimed version near the end of the service for me to highlight verbally (beginning with the Welcome slide and ending usually with a FaceBook slide). These kept disappearing. The most troubling, though, were the sermon and scripture slides. That part begins with brown scripture slide (which I see I copied from 12/3), and ends with the final sermon slide, "Light of the World." 

It was quite odd to see these things just vanish. I have had similar things like this happen on a smaller scale, and it made me wonder if I just forgot to do them, but on this occasion, I was watching carefully, and they would just be gone. The problem became lessened when I started using the menu item, "Sync and Save" instead of just using the green check mark. 

Again, I always make sure the green check is showing before I close out a presentation or switch to another one. 

Not sure what else to say - any other questions? I appreciate your looking into this.

Pastor Becker

Posts 183
LogosEmployee
Brandon Adent (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 21 2017 3:29 PM

Thanks Lawrence. That's a big help.

When you say "vanish", are you saying you had a presentation open and items disappearing while you were watching it?

I tracked down your presentation history. I can see where "Light of the World" was added to near the beginning of the presentation at 9:20 PST. It was moved to about halfway down at 9:29. It appears to have been deleted and replaced by blank, black content slide at 10:17. This slide was re-titled "Ring Bearer" at 10:18. Another slide called "Light of the World", with the same media background, was added at 10:41, then added and reordered again just after this. Then, one of the "Light of the World"s, "Calvin and Hobbes Lower Expectations" and "Ring Bearer" all get removed at 10:50. "Ring Bearer" is added back at 10:53, Calvin and Hobbes go back in at 10:54, and the other "Light of the World" was added back at 11:12 and stayed in the presentation until it got to where it is now.

All of these edits were made by one person, on one computer.

I can also see the Light of the World item in your other presentation, but it's history is far less interesting. It was added at 11:33 PM and is still there now.

Does this sound right to you? Are there any of these edits that you didn't intend?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS