Highlighting "Order"

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 16 2010 3:59 PM

I use highlighting all the time and have, like many, a custom "markup" panel. So, is there a way to move my custom panel to the top? (And, a way to keep the "Solid Colors" panel always collapsed?)

Thanks . . .

Posts 12
Steve Wratt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2010 4:29 PM

I agree regarding the order. My palette is at the bottom which means I have to put the highlighting in a larger window than necessary because of the other palettes are order first. Note: I usually have the window docked - I just floated it for display purposes here. Note also that the Solid Colors is closed (little triangle thingy is pointed sideways. If you click on that it toggles between open and closed)

What I would also like to see is the ability to copy an existing palette so that you can make a few alterations where necessary without having to re-enter  the entire definition of a style. The ability to copy a style, either within the same palette or from another palette would also be great, whereby you can modify say, one attribute like color, and create a full palette with 'family' appearance.

Posts 127
Darren Paul Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2010 4:56 PM

Jerry, if the sections are not staying collapsed in 4.0b, then you will be happy to know that this will be fixed in 4.0c.

Steve Wratt:
What I would also like to see is the ability to copy an existing palette so that you can make a few alterations where necessary without having to re-enter  the entire definition of a style. The ability to copy a style, either within the same palette or from another palette would also be great, whereby you can modify say, one attribute like color, and create a full palette with 'family' appearance.

This will also be available in 4.0c.

User Interface Designer - Logos Bible Software

Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 23 2010 3:06 PM

Using L4.0c SR-1 and still the "Solid Colors" Highlighting won't stay collapsed . . . E.g., just collapsed on a custom workspace, waited for all to sync, then closed and reopened L4, "Solid Colors" again expanded.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated . . .

Posts 27252
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 23 2010 4:34 PM

Jerry Smith:
Using L4.0c SR-1 and still the "Solid Colors" Highlighting won't stay collapsed . . .

I cannot reproduce. If I close and open Highlighting its sections remain collapsed. If I save a Layout with open Highlighting pane then it appears the same when I re-open the layout later.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 23 2010 5:02 PM

Thanks for your reply. I collapsed all highlighting, save my personal one, took the present snapshot and saved it with a new workspace name . . . closed L4, reopened L4, and, there is "Solid Colors" fully expanded . . . it's not something to die over, but, it would be nice to collapse those not used. (Additionally, it would be nice to be able to reorder the highlighting so a custom one is at top.)

Again, thanks for any suggestions . . .

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS