Error in a tag? (Or whatever the correct terminology is)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 148
OMykeO | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 19 2017 6:17 PM

Inline search for    <Person Judas (son of James)> in ESV, NASB etc. All the regular bibles I use, one verse returned is Jude 3 and it’s a word  >>   appealing   (παρακαλῶν).  Thinking this is tagged wrong in some master data base that is affecting all bibles.

True / False / Another explanation

Where should this information or possible problem be sent to or do the powers that be monitor these messages or questions.

Mike

Posts 21916
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 19 2017 11:04 PM

OMykeO:
Where should this information or possible problem be sent to or do the powers that be monitor these messages or questions.

Its good to flag them here for thoughts / comments but to get them into the Logos "system" use the "report typo" feature and explain the issue in the comments box you will find there

Posts 148
OMykeO | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 20 2017 2:28 AM

I reported it in typo.  Thanks, I did not think of this as a typo (narrow minded).  Will think of "typo" as a Latin word and expand my definition  to include "error in system.”   Mike

Posts 10031
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 20 2017 2:40 AM

OMykeO:
I reported it in typo.  Thanks, I did not think of this as a typo (narrow minded).  Will think of "typo" as a Latin word and expand my definition  to include "error in system.”

Such kinds of errors tend to end up at @Rick Brannan's desk - you may mail him directly or maybe the old revint@logos.com mail address still works

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 8010
LogosEmployee

I'm not sure that this is an error. It's shown as a mention in Factbook https://ref.ly/logos4/Factbook?ref=bk.%23Judas.5:

Edit: I see the problem now; it should be tagged as <Person Judas (brother of Jesus)> not <Person Judas (son of James)>.

Posts 131
LogosEmployee
Peter Venable | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 20 2017 3:43 PM

I went ahead and fixed the database, so it should be corrected the next time we ship Biblical People data.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS