Knowing God by Packer

Page 1 of 3 (47 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 46 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 19 2017 6:55 PM

How is it that Logos has the audio rights and not the print rights to publish this?  It has been 5 years since this released.  Has it been forgotten?  Does it reside in the same hands as those who bar our way from Barth's Romans and various journals?  Who are these mean-spirited and soul-depriving lesser beings?

Posts 1991
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 19 2017 7:23 PM

Oh, but its true!  Souls are being lost!  Saints are left stunted!  

We want Packer!  We want Packer!  We want Packer!  

Well, I mean we want Knowing God by Packer. 

Posts 760
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 19 2017 8:05 PM

It's crazy. It's what has led me to make a personal book of Knowing God as well as several books by D.M. Lloyd-Jones.

Posts 4823
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 20 2017 2:51 AM

Bill Anderson:

It's crazy. It's what has led me to make a personal book of Knowing God as well as several books by D.M. Lloyd-Jones.

It was available at one point in time.

Posts 408
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 20 2017 4:39 AM

Sorry to be the cause of much envy. I have it! Cool

Posts 2898
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 20 2017 5:27 AM

I wish they would bring it back here or in vyrso

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 20 2017 6:18 AM

Either of you two want to sell it?

Posts 4823
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 20 2017 12:58 PM

Everett Headley:

Either of you two want to sell it?

I'd willingly give it to you for free ... if I had two licenses for the book.

It is a shame it's not currently available, I do hope that changes and those who wish to add this modern classic to their Logos Library have the opportunity to do so.

Posts 2898
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 22 2018 7:05 AM

BUMP

Please bring back!  I'll take it in Logos Or FL ebooks

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 22 2018 9:51 AM

Don't hold your breath.

It seems major, pivotal, indispensable titles like this and Barth's are beyond Logos' reach.  

Posts 2898
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2019 5:23 AM

Bible study monthly this month features an article on Packer and his work to include this book. Top 5 out the magazine... Logos please bring this back

Posts 1690
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2019 8:22 AM

It still looks like finding an old E4 CD and asking Logos to unlock is the best chance of getting the ebook. - https://community.logos.com/forums/t/1219.aspx 

Posts 8735
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2019 1:44 PM

David Thomas:

It still looks like finding an old E4 CD and asking Logos to unlock is the best chance of getting the ebook. - https://community.logos.com/forums/t/1219.aspx 

I'd love to be the owner of one of those CDs. Somehow I missed picking up a copy of Knowing God when it was on sale in Logos. Not sure how that happened since I'm pretty vigilant about looking for books I want in my Logos library.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9029
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2019 2:24 PM

Bruce Dunning:
Somehow I missed picking up a copy of Knowing God when it was on sale in Logos.

I don't believe it ever was, Bruce. If it was, I missed it, also. AFAIK it was only on one of the E4 discs. 

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1690
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2019 2:28 PM

Mark Smith:

Bruce Dunning:

I don't believe it ever was, Bruce. The E4 version was available which explains how some have it in Logos format. (I don't have it either, and would like to.)

I think I've narrowed down that it is the vol.3 of the E4 disc that contained the 20th anniversary edition of Knowing God.  My google search came up empty for that disc on ebay, or amazon or any other used bookstore Crying

Posts 8735
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2019 2:30 PM

Mark Smith:

Bruce Dunning:

I don't believe it ever was, Bruce. If it was, I missed it, also. AFAIK it was only on one of the E4 discs. 

Well that makes sense then.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9029
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2019 2:30 PM

David Thomas:
I think I've narrowed down that it is the vol.3 of the E4 disc that contained the 20th anniversary edition of Knowing God. 

That's a helpful piece of information. Probably a very rare critter in the marketplace today.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 158
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2019 4:29 PM

I have 22 resources of Packer in my library and of those 22 one is indeed Knowing God - 20th Anniversary Edition.  I am sorry, but I don't sale or give away the library that I have been building for 11 years. 

Posts 96
Tony Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2019 7:00 PM

reading it now on my kindle. Bought it after reading the article on packer this month. 

Maybe we’ll get it in logos. And a bonus that ‘send to kindle’ will also return. :)

Posts 6012
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 4 2019 2:19 AM

Matt Hamrick:

I have 22 resources of Packer in my library and of those 22 one is indeed Knowing God - 20th Anniversary Edition.  I am sorry, but I don't sale or give away the library that I have been building for 11 years. 

LOL 😂 

Page 1 of 3 (47 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS