Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 6418
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 22 2017 5:59 AM

Good morning looking for an app that works on iOS that will read my Logus books for me

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 204
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 22 2017 6:43 AM

Lynden Williams:

Good morning looking for an app that works on iOS that will read my Logus books for me

I assume you mean books that are not already available as Audiobooks in Logos?

iOS actually has that built in: https://www.imore.com/how-enable-spoken-text-iphone-and-ipad (use the instructions to enable Speak Screen)

Posts 6418
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 23 2017 8:59 PM

Thanks Bernhard. Was looking for something more user friendly.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 25303
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 23 2017 9:30 PM

On iOS, other apps can't read your files because they are "sandboxed." This is one of the ways that Apple keeps your data secure, but has the consequence of you not being able to have a third party app read your Logos books. 

Outside of the method already mentioned, your only other option is to create an audio book outside of the mobile app. On Mac, this is fairly simple, but probably not what you are looking for. You can create an audiobook by selecting text, exporting to iTunes as a "spoken track" and then moving the audio file to your mobile device. 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 11865
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 24 2017 1:14 AM

Lynden Williams:

Thanks Bernhard. Was looking for something more user friendly.

Once you've turned speech on, you only have to swipe down from the top with two fingers to read the screen. That's pretty user-friendly.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.