John Walton gaps?

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1383
Ben | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 22 2017 12:07 PM

I was reminded of this, because there's a Kindle sale on John Walton books which aren't in Logos

I've plugged for John Walton before, and I own  most of his Logos books. We have his Lost World of Genesis 1 (and the more academic version from Eisenbrauns), and his newest book (Old Testament Theology for Christians) is in prepub, which I've preordered. 

But in between the first Lost World and the newest prepub are Lost World of Adam and Eve, Lost World of the Israelite Conquest, and The Lost World of Scripture: Ancient Literary Culture and Biblical Authority. These aren't new books, and I would much rather have them in Logos than Kindle. So... why won't Logos take my money? 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 99
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 22 2017 12:39 PM

Yes

...and I ordered the pre-pub.

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 22 2017 12:52 PM

Ben thank you for pointing out the Old Testament Theology book. I appreciate it

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 10126
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 22 2017 12:53 PM

Keith Pang:

Ben thank you for pointing out the Old Testament Theology book. I appreciate it

+1 Yes

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 1413
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 23 2017 6:18 AM

Ben:

I was reminded of this, because there's a Kindle sale on John Walton books which aren't in Logos

I've plugged for John Walton before, and I own  most of his Logos books. We have his Lost World of Genesis 1 (and the more academic version from Eisenbrauns), and his newest book (Old Testament Theology for Christians) is in prepub, which I've preordered. 

But in between the first Lost World and the newest prepub are Lost World of Adam and Eve, Lost World of the Israelite Conquest, and The Lost World of Scripture: Ancient Literary Culture and Biblical Authority. These aren't new books, and I would much rather have them in Logos than Kindle. So... why won't Logos take my money? 

I too would like to see these works of Walton available in Logos.  I've found his material extremely useful.  I have several of his commentary, monograph, and mobile ed resources and would add the three works Ben noted if they were available.

The resource in prepub (which I wasn't aware of) is now in my order list.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention, Ben.

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 23 2017 6:46 AM

The ''lost'' books of John Walton do indeed need to be in Logos.

Please consider setting up a pre-pub.

Posts 9008
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 23 2017 7:45 AM

Ben, now that you have brought this topic up again, I took a bit more time to explore and I too would love to see these offered in Logos. Thanks for bringing this up.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 142
James Macleod | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 23 2017 8:59 AM

I would like them as well 

Posts 1383
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 11 2018 9:11 AM

Woohoo!
https://www.logos.com/product/148901/the-lost-world-collection 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 1413
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 11 2018 9:29 AM

Ben:
I got my order placed.  Thanks for getting the ball rolling on these, Ben.

Posts 10126
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 11 2018 9:31 AM

Ben:

Thanks for telling!

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 11 2018 9:58 AM

Thanks I’m in too!!

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 3181
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 11 2018 3:00 PM

Just pre-ordered. Thanks.

mm.

mm.

Posts 332
Steve Farson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 11 2018 11:17 PM

Pre-ordered.  Thanks much.

Posts 249
David Owh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 11 2018 11:20 PM

Pre-ordered done. Thanks!

Logos 8 Win 10

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 12 2018 2:48 AM

Excellent! I'm in.

Posts 1996
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 12 2018 4:23 AM

Fantastic, thanks!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1383
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 26 2018 11:37 PM

Ok, Walton has teamed up with Tremper Longman for another Lost World book, on the flood narrative. Can we get this one too?

Posts 1413
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 27 2018 5:03 AM

Ben:

Ok, Walton has teamed up with Tremper Longman for another Lost World book, on the flood narrative. Can we get this one too?

YesYes

Posts 1383
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 28 2018 9:34 AM

Bump

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS