Vissual Filter highlights English, based on the Hebrew

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 77
Pat Brown | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 24 2017 9:53 AM

I'm slowly learning one thing and the other about Visual Filters (thanks to you). Can I use this feature for this purpose?

In the ESV, Jonah 1:9 has the word "fear." 1:10 has the word "afraid." Both come from the same Hebrew root. I'd like to set up a filter that would use the same Highlighting format on each English word, based on their common Hebrew root.

I know nothing about Hebrew but surely the Hebrew root would have to appear in the search section of the Visual Filter that I'm setting up. I don't know the best way to handle that.

Posts 24511
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 24 2017 10:36 AM

Hi Pat

Try right-clicking on one of the words, selecting the root option on the right and the search this resource on the left.

That should give the search term and you should be able to make the visual filter from that.

Does that help?

Posts 77
Pat Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 24 2017 12:12 PM

YES!!!

Thanks for the Christmas Present. I'm sorry...  I didn't get you one!

Posts 19145
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 24 2017 12:20 PM

Pat Brown:
In the ESV, Jonah 1:9 has the word "fear." 1:10 has the word "afraid." Both come from the same Hebrew root. I'd like to set up a filter that would use the same Highlighting format on each English word, based on their common Hebrew root.

Another option is Corresponding Words lemma and roots for visual filter highlighting:

Clicking on "fear" in Jonah 1:9 has "afraid" corresponding highlight in Jonah 1:5 and Jonah 1:10

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2300
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 24 2017 1:22 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Another option is Corresponding Words lemma

Yes by far an easier solution!!

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 77
Pat Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 25 2017 2:45 PM

Well, now I have one question and two good answers! I think I will follow the path of least resistance and use the Corresponding Words. But I may decide to go with my first thought. I'll play around with both ideas. Thanks for another viewpoint.

Posts 77
Pat Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 25 2017 2:46 PM

Well, now I have one question and two good answers! I think I will follow the path of least resistance and use the Corresponding Words. But I may decide to go with my first thought. I'll play around with both ideas. Thanks for another viewpoint.

Posts 24511
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 25 2017 2:58 PM

Pat Brown:

One question to consider is whether you want a permanent indication of these types of results - in which case I think the visual filter search-based method is better - or if you want a quick indication of commonality - in which case the visual filter click mechanism (second option) is probably best

Posts 77
Pat Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 25 2017 3:30 PM

That's what I was thinking. If the temporary option does what I want, I will go with it. But I think I will need to use your suggestion to get what I want.

I hope everyone has had a Merry Christmas today. Our family certainly did. 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS