Page 1 of 3 (49 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 48 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 676
Robert Peters | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 27 2017 4:43 AM

Is it still possible to purchase a Logos Now subscription  month to month? 

Posts 21918
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 27 2017 4:58 AM

Robert Peters:

Is it still possible to purchase a Logos Now subscription  month to month? 

I believe it is only possible to purchase an annual subscription

Posts 676
Robert Peters | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 27 2017 5:04 AM

I have been very disappointed of the drop of new material once they transitioned to just the annual rate. 

Posts 334
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 30 2018 9:38 AM

I’m kind of disappointed, too.  I just re-upped, but it may be the last time.  And the monthly free book for LN members — well, I’d rather have one contemporary book I’ll use than 12 PD titles I’ll never use.

Posts 1095
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 30 2018 10:20 AM

Paul Strickert:

I’d rather have one contemporary book I’ll use than 12 PD titles I’ll never use.

I agree! Or at least some stuff from the 1950s on. I dont care if they are new or not, just not from another era. lol

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 27678
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 30 2018 10:49 AM

Paul Strickert:
I’d rather have one contemporary book I’ll use than 12 PD titles I’ll never use.

The difference, of course, is that FL doesn't have to pay anyone for the PD title. The "cost" to FL is simply the work they have put into the title themselves. If they give you some other title, there would be an actual loss to them (having to pay the publisher for the title they gave you). 

I understand what you are saying, but I am glad for them nevertheless. There are enough titles of interest, plus there is the ability to dynamically lower other packages through the acquisitions. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 334
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 30 2018 12:28 PM

I’m only speaking for myself.  I know why they do it, cost-wise; but to me, this so-called perk for LN membership has next to no value at all.  And really, that’s what I need to decide for myself:  am I getting fair value for the cost of LN membership?  In the beginning, it was a no-brainer; now, not so much.

Posts 3185
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 30 2018 1:25 PM

I'm of the same mind- starting to evaluate the product and decide if I will be renewing after this current subscription, the only thing keeping me at this point are the free preview items, but even that is started to lose its luster.

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 30 2018 2:00 PM

I am probably not going to renew either. I bought the Large Essential Upgrade when it was on sale last year, there hasn't been a lot of new features or things to make me really want to keep paying a $100 a year

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 30 2018 3:16 PM

Back when it started Bob said he was going to make it so it would be hard to refuse. As time goes forward the value of Logos Now seems to disappear for me as well. I was grateful for the Logos 7 on the first day because I was a now member, but when I finally upgraded nothing new happened and it was disappointing to say the least.

Posts 3218
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 30 2018 5:28 PM

Matt Hamrick:
Back when it started Bob said he was going to make it so it would be hard to refuse. As time goes forward the value of Logos Now seems to disappear

I think the original selling point for me was early access to features. Yet there's no early access L8 feature I regularly use (or would miss).

The icing on the cake was discounts, and it was well worth getting LN just for the savings. LN certainly paid for itself many times over.

If there's no killer early access feature to keep me hooked, I might subscribe for the savings, then let it lapse until it's time to save again.

Posts 1829
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 30 2018 6:11 PM

Logos Now looks dead to me when they stop giving usable updates for average users. (Since February 2017, Logos 7.4) .. (except v.7.9)

Plus the web-app is free now (thanks). I don't see a reason to resubscribe since that was the main reason I subscribe.

All Logos do just "upgrade performance".. for me that kinda a lazy move. Sorry Logos, I have to be honest.

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 30 2018 6:44 PM

Same here - the bloom is off the rose... Not much benefit to maintaining Logos Now when the annual subscription expires unless Faithlife makes some changes. Just anecdotally (from reading the forums), it looks like Faithlife may be about to lose a large revenue stream since they have not maintained its value-added promise. Too bad for them (and us).

Posts 3236
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 31 2018 6:42 AM

I disagree.  Yes the L8 feature updates have been slow and disappointing but for me where I get my money is through the discounts and free FLTV access.  If I remember correctly, FLTV was $5/month ($60/year).  I was paying for that anyway so for me the extra cost of $39 I got some discounts, a coupon code every now and then, and discounts on exclusive resources.  If you don't buy anything probably not worth it but if you like FLTV then I think it is great.  With that said I do wish the discounts, exclusive sales, and free book were a smidge better.

Posts 94
Rokas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 31 2018 10:03 AM

I agree.

Very few new features. Most point updates (like 7.5 to 7.6) shouldn't be point updates, they barely deliver anything.

Preview books are also mainly now from T&T Clark, which don't have any value for most of us I guess.

Free books are also not of much value. 

Posts 2082
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 31 2018 10:45 AM

Just as an FYI, if you are feeling like new things haven't been added to Logos Now in the releases, it could be because you've only been looking at the application release notes, which include changes to the application, but not things like new datasets and reverse interlinears which are released as new or updated resources.

Take a look at this link for a larger picture of what's new across the releases:

https://www.logos.com/now-timeline

Posts 52
Eduardo Espiritu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 31 2018 2:49 PM

Public domain is a political question. Works that would fall into the public domain are prevented from doing so by acts of Congress amending copyright law.  Lobbyjng to have everything published before 50 years ago,1968, in the public domain is not unreasonable.  

I think that much political and religious ignorance is caused by the unavailability of older works because of cost to public under license. I recall a larger public domain of much more recent  works in my youth in the 1960s. It certainly helped with my education. 

Posts 10177
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 31 2018 3:12 PM

Now, Ed. Let’s not cut senior Christian authors off at the knees. Sure, they have walkers.

In 1968, my authoring Dad was well into his authoring talents and still writing at almost 90. 50 yrs is peanuts for today’s young codgers.

Posts 3218
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 6:26 PM

One of the benefits that we don't mention very often is Pre-Pub Price Guarantee.

LN extends the 6-month coverage to 12 months. I was just able to save $19 on a pre-pub I bought 7 months ago, when it went on sale this month for less than what I paid.

If I didn't have Logos Now, I'd have missed out on getting that credit. Thankful that LN is helping out in this unexpected way.

Posts 14
Josh Jacobs | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 9 2018 10:16 AM

I just signed up for Logos Now. Holy cow! It is a life-changer. The biblical language features are phenomenal, and I'm using the Sermon feature. I wasn't aware that FaithLife TV is included. Does that include The John Ankerberg Show? If it is, that alone is worth the price.

Page 1 of 3 (49 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS