Osborne Commentaries Volume 2 - Much Higher Price?!?

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4615
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 28 2017 10:00 AM

Does this second round of commentaries seem a lot higher to anyone or am I just being a grinch?  I remember when the first 6 volumes became available for Preorder I was able to get them for $64.99 and that was for 6 volumes.  4 more volumes are coming but the PreOrder price is $94.99.

https://www.logos.com/product/147741/osborne-new-testament-commentaries-part-2

Posts 8205
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 28 2017 10:28 AM

I was wondering the same thing.  Maybe because the book of Acts is a longer book to comment on; hence, more content.  Or maybe the others were offered at some sort of introductory price.  In either case, it's still higher price to pay for just 4 volumes.

DAL

Posts 1561
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 28 2017 10:35 AM

I don't think you're being a Grinch, Mattillo.  I picked up the first six on preorder as well at that $64.99 price (i.e. $10.83 per volume).  Now these next four are running $23.73 each--more than double the price of the first six.  I would like to have the entire set, but not at the new price.

Posts 8205
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 28 2017 11:02 AM

Rick Ausdahl:

I don't think you're being a Grinch, Mattillo.  I picked up the first six on preorder as well at that $64.99 price (i.e. $10.83 per volume).  Now these next four are running $23.73 each--more than double the price of the first six.  I would like to have the entire set, but not at the new price.

Wow, with a coupon and a sale (Black Friday) I got all the volumes currently available for $29.99! 

If you are a Logos Now member or not a member you might want to check out the pre-pub credit policy.   I think LN members get a credit for the difference up to a year if the resource released gets put on sale at a cheaper price within a year of being released.  And 6 months if you are not a Logos Now member.

DAL

Posts 1028
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 28 2017 11:32 AM

Way too expensive for 4 volumes

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/therealkpang

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 28 2017 11:48 AM

In general, FL's pre-order gig is too expensive.  They tend not to have a ''pre-'' price, and so over charge.

I hope enough people walk away from material thus priced to convince FL to modify their sales methods.

Posts 1561
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 28 2017 11:56 AM

DAL:

Rick Ausdahl:

Wow, with a coupon and a sale (Black Friday) I got all the volumes currently available for $29.99! 

If you are a Logos Now member or not a member you might want to check out the pre-pub credit policy.   I think LN members get a credit for the difference up to a year if the resource released gets put on sale at a cheaper price within a year of being released.  And 6 months if you are not a Logos Now member.

DAL

Thanks for the tip, Dal.  I am a LN member but got my volumes in October, 2016, so too late for any credit.

Posts 1028
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 28 2017 12:23 PM

I won't pre-order at this price. If it was lower than yes...

Posts 114
LogosEmployee
Jake Mailhot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 28 2017 1:43 PM

Thanks for noting your concern over the price of these four volumes. I just want to clarify a few things first:

1. Three of these four volumes (Luke, John, and Acts) are significantly larger than most of the volumes in the initial six volume set. Those three are priced accordingly and the collection price reflects this.

2. The initial set of six did have a promotional price attached to it while it was on Pre-Pub. This set does not (at least it doesn't right now).

We believe the depth and quality of the content Grant Osborne brings to this series makes these commentaries an incredible value. I hope you've discovered that depth and quality in the first six volumes already.

Posts 24901
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 28 2017 2:28 PM

Hi Jake

Ive tried to preorder this but the preorder button doesn’t seem to do anything. I’ve tried on two different computers,

Is there a problem with the page?

Thanks. Graham

Posts 1582
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 28 2017 3:25 PM

Be that as it may Jake Mailhot, it does not make any difference. The price is still too high, and I will not pre-order this set, like i did with Volume One.

Posts 4615
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 28 2017 5:28 PM

Thank you for your reply Jake! I do appreciate you taking the time to respond to this post. I think I'll pass on this and wait for a future sale. I do like Osborne's commentaries so far but for me I'd like to see a discount if I'm going to preorder. Otherwise I just can just buy them when they come out for the same price. Here it seems we pay full price and wait for the volumes to come out as they are released. 

Posts 8205
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 28 2017 5:33 PM

With the new year almost here there might be other sales not to mention March Madness will be here before you know it. I think I’ll wait to see what other sets go on sale.

DAL

Posts 1028
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 28 2017 5:43 PM

Yeah still not worth it...almost $25 a volume on pre-order...

Posts 1561
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 28 2017 6:37 PM

Jake Mailhot:

Thanks for noting your concern over the price of these four volumes. I just want to clarify a few things first:

1. Three of these four volumes (Luke, John, and Acts) are significantly larger than most of the volumes in the initial six volume set. Those three are priced accordingly and the collection price reflects this.

2. The initial set of six did have a promotional price attached to it while it was on Pre-Pub. This set does not (at least it doesn't right now).

We believe the depth and quality of the content Grant Osborne brings to this series makes these commentaries an incredible value. I hope you've discovered that depth and quality in the first six volumes already.

Thanks for chiming in, Jake.  I do like what I've seen from the first six volumes, but like one or two others who frequent the forum Wink, I have to plan and allocate my Logos spending dollars.  There are certain resources I know I will buy if there's a good enough sale on them, so I set aside dollars to save toward those resources.  In order for prepub resources to draw down the amount I've been saving for the desired purchases, they have to be very tempting price wise, even when they are resources I'm interested in like the Osborne commentaries.  Unfortunately, the pricing on them just isn't temping enough to draw down what I currently have saved for other things.

As a few others have noted, I don't generally find prepub prices all that exciting, so I don't often re-allocate dollars for them from my Logos savings.

Posts 1104
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 28 2017 6:44 PM

Graham Criddle:

Hi Jake

Ive tried to preorder this but the preorder button doesn’t seem to do anything. I’ve tried on two different computers,

Thanks. Graham

The page is not active. I did a search on Osborne and was able to preorder from the search results.

Dale Heath

Posts 24901
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 29 2017 12:47 AM

Dale E Heath:
The page is not active. I did a search on Osborne and was able to preorder from the search results.

That worked

Thanks Dale

Posts 29609
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 29 2017 5:23 AM

Graham Criddle:

No links appear active for me, tried with two different browsers. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1561
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 29 2017 9:43 AM

I don't plan to buy at the current price, but I did just try the link provided in the original post and it seems to be working now.

Posts 1028
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 29 2017 11:09 AM

How about bringing the price down for the new year🤔🤔🤔

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS