Bug reading plan dates don't update properly

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 113
bryan jay | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 28 2017 10:09 PM

I've noticed this bug for a VERY long time, but finally decided to write.  I often leave Logos open from day-to-day and when I do this, the dates in the reading plan do not update.  For example, if I have not closed my logos since yesterday, then the reading plan will have "today's" reading marked as "tomorrow" and so forth.  The only way for these to update properly is to close the app and then restart it.

I am not attaching logs because I don't want to take the time to wait a whole day for the problem again.  I'm just writing while I'm thinking about it.  This is on a mac, and I've seen it on various mac systems since I've had this problem for years probably, and I've also seen it on various versions of Logos, but my current one is 7.11.0.0033

This is not a huge problem, but I often have to double check what date I'm actually on because I leave the program open so often that I'm often not sure if just glancing at "today" is reliable or not.  

This could easily be solved by just removing the three labels "yesterday" "today" and "tomorrow" and using the days of the week instead, OR by somehow writing the code to update what is displayed at 12 am by the system clock.  

Bryan

Theological Reflection with Practical Application

SubmittedToTheWord.com

Posts 10445
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 29 2017 4:17 AM

bryan jay:
 The only way for these to update properly is to close the app and then restart it.

You do not need to close the app in order to update the reading plan. You can reload the layout containing the plan, and it will update. Or you can close and reopen the window containing the plan.

That being said, it would be preferable for the plan to update when the day's reading is complete, but that may be more difficult to implement than it appears to us users.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS