Logos Library Books Alphabetized and Easy text only print out needed for Library books

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Rev. William Burk | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 2 2018 9:32 AM

I use a MacPro5,1 Tower with a blade SSD Drive for the macOS and when trying to look up the 4,500 plus books of my Logos Library which it is a lost-cause, unless I have the book titles memorized.  There should be a simple text version w/o the picture of the front cover, if necessary.  The book covers load slowly and I must be on the internet to get the picture.   A simple Text list of books and authors would be convenient to print out to figure out which book I would like to access/open up on the computer.

Posts 19430
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 2 2018 10:44 PM

Rev. William Burk:
The book covers load slowly and I must be on the internet to get the picture.

Welcome Big Smile

Curious which Logos Library view is being used ? Cover, Tile, or Details ?

Rev. William Burk:
A simple Text list of books and authors would be convenient to print out to figure out which book I would like to access/open up on the computer.

Logos wiki has => Bibliography that shows Bibliographic document.

Collection can be All Resources:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 33855
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 2 2018 11:28 PM

This is from a PC not a MAC.

To choose what elements to show, click on an empty space on the heading bar. Click to turn items on and off. Note I have the cover image off.

By clicking on the title in the heading line you can sort by that field. Note that an arrow head indicates this.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 19430
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 3 2018 7:47 AM

MJ. Smith:
This is from a PC not a MAC.

Screen shots of Library look be the same on Windows and macOS (difference between Windows and macOS is controls for minimising/maximizing along with arrow head appearance to indicate sort order)

MJ. Smith:
To choose what elements to show, click on an empty space on the heading bar.

On macOS, use right click (control + click) in empty space to show field selection list in Details view.

MJ. Smith:
By clicking on the title in the heading line you can sort by that field.

Clicking on Type sorts Resources by Type plus alphabetically within Type:

My primary Library sorted by Type (note Title does not have arrow head even though resource titles are sorted in ascending order):

FYI: personally have added prefixes (Year+, Series, ...) to many resource titles so sort in ascending order is chronological for content creation (can be earlier than publication date).

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS