Milestone Search with Lexicons

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 84
Mark Rodgers | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 5 2018 10:21 AM

Can anyone help please.

I am wanting to do a 'milestone' search within my lexicons using the lemma headword. Have tried it out a number of ways but just can't seem to get it to work.

If you go into any of the lexicons and right click on the lemma, the third choice on the right hand side of the contextual menu identifies that the lemma and the info associated with it has been tagged as 'Headword'.

I am wanting a quick way of finding a passage under the relevant lemma entry.

All help appreciated.

Original Libronix user, living in Scotland, and running 23,500 resources on IMac (2019). Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel i9 | Ram: 64 GB Ram | Graphics Card: Radeon Pro Vega 48 8GB.

Posts 8221
LogosEmployee

This isn't a search, but if you enable the "Emphasize active references" visual filter in your lexicons, then the Bible reference(s) in your open Bible(s) will be highlighted automatically as you scroll through the lexicon entry. This can help you quickly identify if the lexicon comments on your current passage.

Posts 84
Mark Rodgers | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 5 2018 11:48 AM

Hey Bradley

Thanks for the response :) that’s my current modus operandi. Just looking to save some time by getting to the relevent reference under the Lemma via a quick search. I understand I could also do this via a proximity search but thought that a milestone search would be far better. 

Do you know of anyway of doing a milestone search within the lemma headwords section Bradley?

Original Libronix user, living in Scotland, and running 23,500 resources on IMac (2019). Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel i9 | Ram: 64 GB Ram | Graphics Card: Radeon Pro Vega 48 8GB.

Posts 2319
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 5 2018 12:05 PM

I think what you want to search is the lemmatext or headword AND bible reference. Here is a search that does that using πνεῦμα and the book of John.

https://ref.ly/logos4/Search?kind=BasicSearch&q=lemma:%CF%80%CE%BD%CE%B5%E1%BF%A6%CE%BC%CE%B1+AND+%3CJohn%3E&match=stem&in=raw:LibraryCatalog%7CQuery%3dtype:lexicon%7CResourceKind%3dNone%7CSupportedResourceIds%3d%7CSupportedTypes%3d%7CTitle%3d36%2520resources%2520with%2520type:lexicon

It searches for resources that is type:lexicon with lemma as the headword and within that definition includes any reference to the book of John. Not sure how you plan to use this, but I think it accomplishes your objective. Milestone search is really for commentaries etc. that are reference based resources. Lexicons are lemma based for the most part.

Hope this helps.

Posts 2197
LogosEmployee

John Fidel:

It searches for resources that is type:lexicon with lemma as the headword and within that definition includes any reference to the book of John. Not sure how you plan to use this, but I think it accomplishes your objective. Milestone search is really for commentaries etc. that are reference based resources. Lexicons are lemma based for the most part.

To clarify, the provided search does not search for articles with the specified headword. The search just looks for articles that contain the tagged lemma and a reference in John. This may miss some results, and may find some incorrect results.

Unfortunately, it's not currently possible to search by headword milestones like you can for reference milestones.

Posts 2319
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 5 2018 2:59 PM

Thanks for the clarification Andrew.

Posts 84
Mark Rodgers | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 5 2018 5:41 PM

Thank you to all of you for the input. So I am right in saying that you can’t use a milestone search using the Lemma (Greek or Hebrew Headword) within a Lexicon?

If not this, could be an incredibly useful milestone search capability to include in a future release.

Posts 2587
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 5 2018 7:02 PM

Happy to vote for this, unfortunately I don't think it will be a priority with the wider audience.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 84
Mark Rodgers | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 6 2018 6:28 PM

Thank you for that! Really appreciate all your input.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS