Add a Note File to a Given Resource?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 11 2018 3:52 PM

Is it possible to open a resource [like, say, My Utmost for His Highest] and add a note to that resource?

Posts 4625
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 11 2018 4:13 PM

You can add a note to a resource like My Utmost for His Highest in the same way you add a note to a bible.

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 11 2018 4:32 PM

How do you add a note to a Bible?

Posts 10575
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 11 2018 7:20 PM

Bill Fiess:

Create the note file to which you wish to attach the note

select the text to which you wish to attach the note

right-click on that selection and click the name of the note file you have created

Posts 27770
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 11 2018 7:22 PM

Bill Fiess:

Right click and add note! See here:

https://wiki.logos.com/Notes_$28ver_4.5_$26_up$29 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 12 2018 4:44 AM

Alabama,

When I open The New King James Bible and right click on a word, it gives me the option to ADD A NOTE TO THE NEW KING JAMES BIBLE [on the right side of the Context Menu]. But when I open the Lexham English Bible I don't have that option. 

Also, if I open a resource - say, My Utmost for His Highest - it does not give me the option to add a note.

Bill

Posts 21978
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 12 2018 4:59 AM

What do you have selected on the right-hand side?

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 12 2018 5:49 AM

Thanks, Graham.

But when I replicate what you have done I don't get the option to ADD NOTE to that resource.

Bill

Posts 21978
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 12 2018 5:50 AM

Can you post a screenshot showing what you see?

Posts 27770
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 12 2018 6:42 AM

Bill Fiess:
When I open The New King James Bible and right click on a word, it gives me the option to ADD A NOTE TO THE NEW KING JAMES BIBLE [on the right side of the Context Menu]. But when I open the Lexham English Bible I don't have that option.

For clarification: I know this is a technicality, but it may be an important distinction. TO answer your original question, you can't add a note to a resource. Instead, you can add a note to a note document and attach it to a selection from within a particular resource. The reason this distinction is important here is because when you read "ADD A NOTE TO THE NEW KING JAMES BIBLE," you are really being presented with the option of adding a note to the note document which happens to be named "The New King James Bible." 

Bill Fiess:
[on the right side of the Context Menu].

It is actually on the LEFT hand side of the Context menu. 

Below are two screenshots of the contextual menu in the LEB. In the screenshot on the left, I have a technical usage tab selected (Grammatical "1st Class Condition"), so from that CONTEXT, various options are given on the left. In the screen shot on the right, I have the "selection" tab chosen (the word "sorrow") and "add a note" options are presented. Because I have already created a note document named "The Lexham English Bible," there is the option to add a note to that document.

FWIW - I have set up my highlighters to send highlighting notes to "resource specific" note documents. When a resource doesn't have a note document created yet, the highlighting tool will automatically create one. The right click (contextual menu) will not do this automatically for you. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 21
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 16 2018 2:17 AM

I also couldn't work out why I didn't have the right-click option to add a note to the resource I had open. The trick is to make sure you first have a note document for that resource by highlighting any portion of text (assuming you have the option of resource specific notes selected in the highlighter window). You only need to do this once. The next time you right-click in that resource you will have the option to add a note to that same resource's note document.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS