Faithlife's fake request for feedback --

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 521
Russ White | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 15 2018 11:16 AM

So -- I received a link from Faithlife asking me for feedback. I spent 10 minutes or so typing some honest feedback for what I consider to be a borderline/has been going negative for a long time piece of software, and hit the "submit" button, and...

"Our survey system is down for maintenance. Please try again soon!"

As always, Faithlife only wants to hear about your feedback if you have something nice to say -- just like on these forums, and in person.

I SERIOUSLY hope Faithlife gets some competition soon, and is given a serious dose of loss of users/revenue, so they will start listening to users once again.

Russ

Posts 171
Nick Highland | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 15 2018 11:46 AM

Edit:  Changed my mind.

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 15 2018 1:10 PM

I did the mini-survey + it worked.  Then I did the biggie + it worked, too.

In 2017, the surveys went through, as these 2 today did.

In 16 + 15, I got what Russ got many times.  I figure they need to refurb. the program so they ALL go thru.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 15 2018 1:18 PM

Russ, is that really you? Or did someone guess your unencrypted password?

1. Fake request? Because they forgot to plug their server in? I'd bet the maintenance msg was indeed fake.

2. Filling out a survey and submitting it with a 'sorry' isn't that unusual (for me). My guess, after getting ungracefully angry a lot, is that survey software is never a priority with anyone.

3. Their competition deleted my software for an update, and then decided I didn't deserve it (not free). So, it's going to be a long wait, just guessing.

And finally,

4. I'd give you good odds, FL is running on fumes, with their new purchase. Logos seems a quiet corporate backwater, with a little this and that.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 15 2018 1:24 PM

Denise:
survey software is never a priority with anyone.

If this is true with FL, that is pathetic.  Every contact with a customer is important + survey software should work, period.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 15 2018 2:07 PM

scooter:

Denise:
survey software is never a priority with anyone.

If this is true with FL, that is pathetic.  Every contact with a customer is important + survey software should work, period.

Well, apologies to Russ, if we're off-track.

But customer surveys are an odd duck. Typically the only people that want them, are top managers. I used to do market research and everyone but the boss will find some way to ignore them. Wrong questions, not statistical, biased, and so on. Never just customers and their thoughts. Never an opportunity for cheap sales ... better, to do more mindless and expensive advertising.

And internally, customer complainers mean not-on-the-team. That's why you're always better off finding a complementing customer to request fixing an issue. They're on the team.

Posts 2348
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 15 2018 2:24 PM

Denise:
And internally, customer complainers mean not-on-the-team. That's why you're always better off finding a complementing customer to request fixing an issue. They're on the team.

Now, there is some real wisdom in that.

Posts 2809
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 15 2018 3:05 PM

During my time as product manager and support manager, every tiny bit of feedback was vital. Since we didn't do surveys, I had to hunt for feedback elsewhere. All kinds of negative feedback and complaints provided a wealth of ideas and requirements for improvement.

From what I've experienced so far, FL takes all feedback seriously, even if it can sometimes take a long time. However, I know the craziness on the other side of the fence as well with planning and scheduling bugfixes, new features, new internal processes, road shows and exhibitions at the same time.

My recommendation would be: Let's give honest and constructive feedback to Faithlife (like we already do here in the forum), but let's also be gracious with them (like we... well... mostly do here in the forum...)

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 2896
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 15 2018 3:31 PM

Russ,

I trust you are just having a bad day.  Faithlife has not gone in the direction that I would like in recent years.  But I consider the people behind the company to be my brothers and sisters in Christ.  I would not so lightly challenge their integrity.

I still find it a very good Bible study / library program, even if I do wish they would concentrate on the basics and the books, and forget about all the bells and whistles.

I definitely believe the Faithlife folks have integrity.  

And I must admit that even the Good Lord often goes in directions that I do not like.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 54
LogosEmployee

Hi Russ, 

I'm really sorry that the link didn't work for you! I reported your problem to someone from our Marketing Operations team, who is looking into the issue. I'll also see if I can get you another link that does work so that you can submit your feedback—positive or negative. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!  

We do care about your opinions, and lately we've been putting an even stronger emphasis on acting on the input that we get from customers. In fact, I—and several others across several departments—get emails in our inboxes each day with the responses to the surveys that we send out. We read each and every submission, respond to customers that have problems with quick fixes, and then we have regular meetings where we discuss how we can implement the advice that we're given.

Sometimes, changes can be slow. But we are truly interested in hearing what you have to say so we can start to brainstorm how to make your experience better. I hope you'll give us the benefit of the doubt this time, and that you'll still be willing to give us your input so we can continue to learn how to do things better. 

–Christina 

Posts 33271
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 15 2018 5:12 PM

Denise:
FL is running on fumes, with their new purchase.

In my sabbatical I missed the news - what "new purchase"?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 15 2018 5:48 PM

MJ. Smith:

Denise:
FL is running on fumes, with their new purchase.

In my sabbatical I missed the news - what "new purchase"?

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/147024.aspx 

Just my own opinion (obviously), but if they successfully integrate the triad in a church, and maybe price reasonably, it would really help a lot of churches that struggle with technology.  I'm hopeful.

Posts 33271
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 15 2018 10:26 PM

Thank you

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 474
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 16 2018 12:59 AM

I agree that Faithlife isn't perfect. However, I am dismayed by the response that I sometimes read on these forums. Holding someone to account or lobbying for what we think is important is fine, but we still need to show some respect to people are also Christians - our brothers and sisters in Christ.

Posts 1085
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 16 2018 2:36 AM

Jordan Litchfield:
I am dismayed by the response that I sometimes read on these forums

Don't the writers understand that neglecting to cultivate the attitude of trying to always think the best of other people (lets ignore politicians for the time being! ) damages one's health in the long run as well as eating away at ones Christian experience?? Thinking the best of people also gets far better results in the long run. Can't we try to imagine that they are members our own church and we are speaking face to face with them?? 

Just trying to step off my soap box without falling on my face.

Posts 2809
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 16 2018 2:43 AM

Jordan Litchfield:

I agree that Faithlife isn't perfect. However, I am dismayed by the response that I sometimes read on these forums. Holding someone to account or lobbying for what we think is important is fine, but we still need to show some respect to people are also Christians - our brothers and sisters in Christ.

The same is true for staff at non Christian businesses. We're called to show respect to everyone. See Matthew 7:12.

I remember my pastor once publicly repenting for treating a cinema staff with disrespect. It turned out someone else from church was ministering to her, and as a result of my pastor's behaviour, she closed up to the Gospel. Even such a small sin like disprespect can have consequences for eternity... Crying

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 16 2018 10:52 AM

I think it's better just to quote from the text. "those who practice [ ... malice .... strife ... craftiness .... gossips ... slanderers .... haughty ... boastful .... fools ...] deserve to die."   (I inserted selected behaviors the author had listed)

Luckily, none of these apply to anyone. 

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS