Bug: Highlighting

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 127
John Marino | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 19 2018 1:29 PM

I am having a consistent bug where it's very difficult to "unhighlight" a section of highlighted text within my notes documents. I have to click multiple times, and sometimes the notes file will scroll up or down randomly while I'm doing this. Video and log files attached.

Running Logos 7.12.0.0027; macOS 10.13.2

1768.Logos Bug.mp4

1778.LogosLogs.john.20180119-162627.zip

Posts 2629
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 19 2018 2:33 PM

Hi John,

I'm sorry you are having problems with your notes documents. It looks like when you click to unselect you are clicking and dragging at the same time. On macOS, this then requires clicking in the text area twice to insert the cursor and reselect.

Needing to click twice is a bug and I will write up a case.

As a workaround if you click within the text area without dragging it should work better. 

I hope this helps!

Philana

Posts 127
John Marino | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 20 2018 3:36 AM

I think that there is an oversensitivity somewhere with regard to clicking and dragging (at least on my system). Other apps seem to work fine, but in Logos, that is a frequent problem. Another example is when I click on a hyperlink in my notes file, the application thinks that I'm dragging the hyperlink, and it ends up opening a duplicate copy of that particular resource.

Even when I try and hold the mouse as still as possible, it frequently thinks I'm dragging things.

I'd be willing to say it's a system thing, but other applications work fine.

Posts 4639
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 20 2018 6:23 AM

John Marino:
I think that there is an oversensitivity somewhere with regard to clicking and dragging (at least on my system)

Hi John

I haven't used a mouse with my iMac for some years now but I do seem to remember that in system preferences - mouse there is a setting to tweak the delay between the initial click and the drag cutting in. I think that I had to set this a little less sensitive at one point. I tiny increase in delay made a big difference to workflow.

I can't actually check the setting because I am wedded to my track pad and don't think there is a mouse in the house these days.

Posts 127
John Marino | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 20 2018 9:09 AM

That would be great if it was a simple setting. I looked through the settings and couldn't find it. It does happen with both the trackpad and the mouse, but if I had to guess, probably happens more often with the mouse.

Posts 4639
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 21 2018 1:18 AM

Hi John

I can't replicate your video, other than when I very deliberately drag the selection while holding the click. Sorry.

Just in case it helps in any way - here are the settings I have for my trackpad.

Posts 127
John Marino | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 5:35 AM

Just in case there's anyone out there with the same problem, I resolved it. I had the tracking speed turned all the way up. Apparently this meant that the instant I clicked the mouse, it immediately began dragging. I still think there is something unique about how Logos is interacting with that feature: I didn't get that problem in other applications. Turning down the tracking speed resolved the issue.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS