Improved Notes?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 73
Bill Bougie | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 20 2010 4:41 AM

Just started using the Notes feature again and I'm curious what others think of it.

For years I've been disappointed in Logos notes and basically gave up using it.  However it appears that Notes has recently improved significantly.  The formatting is improved and I like the option of hiding the highlighting.  I'd like to be able to create multiple tabs and "pages" like OneNote, but I may be able to do without that feature.

Before I invest too much time and effort in transferring my notes from OneNote over to Logos Notes, I wanted to check with others to see what you think of the latest version of Logos Notes and if there are still any major issues with it.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 20 2010 4:57 AM

Bill Bougie:
Before I invest too much time and effort in transferring my notes from OneNote over to Logos Notes, I wanted to check with others to see what you think of the latest version of Logos Notes and if there are still any major issues with it.

I would say notes you want to appear within Logos search results should be in Logos notes. Even if you simply cut and paste a Onenote note into a Logos note and lose some formating, then attach a link in the Logos note to the Onenote note it is worth it to have it searched.

While this doesn't work for OneNote it does for Word. In the Current Beta the hyperlinking box in the Notes is now working which makes linking to Logos resources a breeze. Cutting and pasting note text from Logos notes to word maintains these links. Unfortunately it does not maintain the links for Bible References.

Posts 73
Bill Bougie | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 20 2010 10:21 AM

Good point about the search capabilities.  I hadn't thought about that.

Posts 225
Michael Birney | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 20 2010 11:48 AM

I'm still holding off committing to L4 notes.  They have stated that they do not want to be in the word processor business (I know, notes are not word processors, but I think the idea is that they are only taking notes so far), and other than being searchable within logos, they are just way behind either onenote or evernote (who are in the note business).  There still is no great way to organize notes (favorites is ok, but not great), and working within a note file is still very limiting.  

I have high hopes, watching to see if I can jump in, but it is not yet a workable option for me.    

Posts 33418
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 20 2010 12:33 PM

Michael Birney:
There still is no great way to organize notes (favorites is ok, but not great), and working within a note file is still very limiting.  

I likely agree with you but I wonder if you could be more specific. I assume that in organization you mean note files not individual notes. What are you looking for? Working within a note, the main limitation I find at the moment (in the beta) is the lack of graphics. What elements do you need?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 73
Bill Bougie | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 22 2010 6:42 PM

I've been using Logos4 Notes for the past couple of days now and I think I can finally do all of my notetaking in Logos4.  All I've ever wanted for the past 10+ years of using Logos was a simple editor with good formatting.  It used to drive me crazy how the prior versions of Logos Notes could not even maintain simple text formatting.  It looks like Logos has finally created a decent text editor.

I really like OneNote and I wish Logos adopted the same type of note taking approach, but I think I'm going to be ok transitioning to Logos Notes.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS