Dataset Updates: January 22, 2018

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1409
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 22 2018 10:14 AM

The following datasets are scheduled to be updated today, January 22, 2018:

• Biblical Theology Cross-References: Added support for four additional resources:
    • John Goldingay's Biblical Theology: The God of the Christian Scriptures
    • James M. Hamilton's God's Glody in Salvation through Judgment: A Biblical Theology
    • Gerald Bray's God is Love: A Biblical and Systematic Theology
    • Peter Gentry and Stephen Wellum's Kingdom through Covenant: A Bibical-Theological Understanding of the Covenants
  • Timeline events: Localization updates
  • Ancient Literature: Localization updates
  • CSB Bible and Reverse Interlinears: Corrections and updates
  • Reported Speech: Corrections
  • LCV Concepts: Added support for new resources

If for some reason these updates are not made available today (Monday, January 22) I will update this thread.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 588
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 22 2018 10:24 AM

Rick,

Would Larry Hart's Charismatic Theology called "Truth Aflame"

https://vyrso.com/product/22623/truth-aflame

Qualify for the Systematic Theology Dataset?

Posts 1409
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 22 2018 10:32 AM

Not as a Vyrso resource. If it makes the jump to Logos resource, it will be evaluated.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 1110
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 22 2018 10:57 AM

Thank you again for posting these messages.

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 22 2018 3:30 PM

Rick, is there a list of all the resources supported in the Biblical Theology Cross References now? I am wondering if there is anything that would be useful to fill out that section of my passage guide...

Posts 123
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 22 2018 4:18 PM

Don Awalt:

Rick, is there a list of all the resources supported in the Biblical Theology Cross References now? I am wondering if there is anything that would be useful to fill out that section of my passage guide...

Don, they are listed in this file: Biblical Theology Cross-References: Dataset Documentation.

Hans

Posts 12077
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 1:09 AM

Bobby Terhune:

Larry Hart's Charismatic Theology called "Truth Aflame"

https://vyrso.com/product/22623/truth-aflame

Thanks for pointing to this resource! Reading parts of the (quite extensive) look-into at a major retailer, I was really captured by this and just had to buy it - the Vyrso edition of course -  Hart writes profound systematic theology in an absolutely great accessible way.  

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 5:24 AM

Thanks Hans!

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 5:44 AM

I don't even see these resources on logos.com are they coming to Prep in the future or something?:

James M. Hamilton's God's Glory in Salvation through Judgment: A Biblical Theology
Gerald Bray's God is Love: A Biblical and Systematic Theology
Peter Gentry and Stephen Wellum's Kingdom through Covenant: A Bibical-Theological Understanding of the Covenants

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 8:05 AM

Thanks Scooter - funny they don't come up in a search, selling opportunity!

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 8:14 AM

Don Awalt:

Thanks Scooter - funny they don't come up in a search, selling opportunity!

Its time to Break the Bundle!!!

Posts 1409
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 10:40 AM

Hans:

Don Awalt:

Don, they are listed in this file: Biblical Theology Cross-References: Dataset Documentation.

Hans

Thanks for handling the answer, Hans.

Note, however, that I have once again proven my imperfection by not updating the Biblical Theology Cross-References: Dataset Documentation. I will get that updated and released on the next scheduled resource release date.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 913
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 31 2018 7:50 AM

Hi NB.MIck:

NB.Mick:
Thanks for pointing to this resource! Reading parts of the (quite extensive) look-into at a major retailer, I was really captured by this and just had to buy it - the Vyrso edition of course

Since I consider you a very good contributor to the edification of believers, I was curious to know if you have considered (only if you have the time), to start a Faithlife group where key Biblical concepts of your election could be explored using resources like truth aflame.

The New Dictionary of Biblical Theology talks about concepts, many times they include many words, and even indirect treatment of a subject from the Bible.

I have not seen anyone pick a certain amount of key concepts useful for the edification of common believers, clearly show relevant passages to them in the Bible, and then note contributions from systematicians, etc. and the practical applications for every day for the normal believer.

Due to your proven ability to categorize resources, and your good analytic skills, I would think you would be a good moderator of a Faithlife group dedicated to do tentative work in that sense.

Have you ever considered doing such? when we participated in the Precepts ministry inductive Bible study on the book of Philippians, it was really great to get input on different angles from participants of different traditions. I think that such exchanges allow to clarify concepts very much from a much broader perspective.

Hoping you get motivated to start a Faithlife group to discuss some key concepts (faith, salvation, election, moral transformation, justification, perfection, etc.) to increase our cognitive framework about the different topics.

Blessings.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS