Page 1 of 5 (84 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 83 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 21
LogosEmployee
Natalie Mills | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 23 2018 8:54 AM

Hi, Vyrso forum members! I’m a new Faithlife employee who is taking on the role of marketing manager for Vyrso. I wanted to post on here to introduce myself and to let you know about some changes that will be coming to Vyrso in the next few weeks. 

In February, Vyrso is becoming Faithlife Ebooks. It will get a new retail site and include some new deals from publishers on books that we think you are really going to enjoy. I’ve been working with the amazing Carley Ruffner to get more books on the site, and we will both be working with a newly-hired product manager to continue bringing you more great Christian ebooks. 

Please me know if you have any questions. We’re looking forward to this next chapter of bringing great content and deals to our Vyrso readers!

Posts 1238
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 8:58 AM

What will happen to the Vyrso app? Does it also get renamed? "Faithlife Reader" or something like that?

How To Get Logs - macOS or Windows

Posts 21
LogosEmployee
Natalie Mills | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 9:04 AM

The Vyrso app will be updated to be called "Faithlife Ebooks." The functionality in the app will be the same as it is now.

Posts 2642
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 9:11 AM

This is awesome news!!! I love vyrso and I talk with Carley regularly. I really hope you can start getting more high quality and popular books into the store and I look forward to your changes

Posts 21
LogosEmployee
Natalie Mills | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 9:13 AM

Thanks! We're looking forward to bringing in new content and making sure that our existing books are updated as new editions come out. Once the product manager arrives (in February), she can keep you posted on new books as we get them into the store.

Posts 2642
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 9:16 AM

Great! With the new site design... Will wishlist functionality be added?

Posts 602
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 9:19 AM

Natalie Mills:
Please me know if you have any questions

Welcome to FL, Natalie.

I would like to see the ability to sort by language added to the sites' functionality.  Please consider this option.  Thanks.

Posts 21
LogosEmployee
Natalie Mills | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 9:26 AM

Those are both great ideas. The wishlist feature will not be on the site when it first launches, but it is high on our priority list to get added to the site. I'll add language sorting to our list of requested features as well. Thanks!

Posts 2610
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 10:05 AM

Welcome, Natalie, looking forward to the changes!

Will FL add cross-site search results? It's not really practical to expect customers to repeat a search on two or three sites. I will search Logos for a book, but often forget to search Vyrso (and have never searched Noet).

The other issue involves books that hadn't been removed from Vyrso and upgraded to Logos editions. Any chance that FL can depend less on customers to report issues, and more on technology to preemptively catch duplicates and resolve problems before a Logos pre-pub ships?

Thanks!

Posts 602
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 11:21 AM

PetahChristian:
Will FL add cross-site search results? It's not really practical to expect customers to repeat a search on two or three sites. I will search Logos for a book, but often forget to search Vyrso (and have never searched Noet).

This is precisely how I do it, but would appreciate 1 search to cover all portals.

Posts 602
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 11:41 AM

We should be able, I figure, to get from Logos to Noet + FL Books from the Sales/Main page as well as from the headings: Products, and, Sales.

Posts 8958
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 1:35 PM

scooter:
This is precisely how I do it, but would appreciate 1 search to cover all portals.

I would, also. I think a search on the Logos web site should give the option to search Vyrso (E-books). (I don't think that should be available on the Vyrso site since that might be confusing.)

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1863
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 1:52 PM

This sounds really awesome. I'm excited! Vyrso... er Faithlife Ebooks is headed for growth!

If there's going to be a major update to the Vyrso API as well, I'd really appreciate to know about this a couple of days ahead of time, so that I can adapt my autodiscovery scripts for eBook freebies and ebook deals. There are a couple of hundred recipients to whom the scripts send out messages, and who don't want to miss any free books :-)

Is Noet Ebooks going to be revamped as well?

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 2696
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 3:50 PM

Greetings Natalie;

Any chance of getting 1 unified checkout cart for Vyrso and Logos?

Posts 602
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 4:42 PM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

Greetings Natalie;

If this comes to fruition, one might as well add Noet in with FL ebooks + Logos in this scenario.

Posts 21
LogosEmployee
Natalie Mills | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 5:04 PM

I'm not sure yet what the future holds for cross-store searching, but we are investigating what that would look like. It won't be on the site at launch, but it's a feature that we've discussed for a long time. It would be great to have!

Posts 21
LogosEmployee
Natalie Mills | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 5:06 PM

Jan Krohn:

This sounds really awesome. I'm excited! Vyrso... er Faithlife Ebooks is headed for growth!

If there's going to be a major update to the Vyrso API as well, I'd really appreciate to know about this a couple of days ahead of time, so that I can adapt my autodiscovery scripts for eBook freebies and ebook deals. There are a couple of hundred recipients to whom the scripts send out messages, and who don't want to miss any free books :-)

Is Noet Ebooks going to be revamped as well?

Thanks for the encouragement! We're excited to be bringing more life into the Vyrso universe. As of now, Noet Ebooks won't be getting any modifications. For the Vyrso API, I'll have to look into that with someone from our production team and get back to you. Thanks!

Posts 2696
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 5:09 PM

scooter:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

Greetings Natalie;

If this comes to fruition, one might as well add Noet in with FL ebooks + Logos in this scenario.

Yes, it will be nice. The separation, for business purposes, can be done behind the scenes.

There is a consumer purpose for asking this. Smile Some debit type cards charge per transaction (usually a dollar). You can put as many items in the cart as you want, and at checkout, the card company will charge $1 for the transaction. If you go to another site (in this case, Logos), there will be another $1 transaction cost.

Posts 1768
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 5:59 PM

Natalie Mills:
Vyrso is becoming Faithlife Ebooks

Welcome, Natalie.  Happy to hear of some of the planned changes.

Posts 83
pk47 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 7:16 PM

Welcome.

Really excited to hear this. Now if only Faithlife Ebooks can get Harper One titles to become available for purchase.

Some that come to mind:

Dallas Willard

1. The Spirit of the Disciplines 

2. Divine Conspiracy

N.T. Wright 

1. The Day the Revolution Begins

2. Forthcoming Book on Paul

3. How God Became King

Here's hoping!

Page 1 of 5 (84 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS