Page 3 of 5 (84 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 83 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 2310
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 30 2018 3:55 PM

Thanks so much Natalie. So is the launch happening on 1 February (tomorrow) then?

Don't worry if you can't find anything out. For a day or two I could check for deals and free books manually, while I update the scripts.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 8940
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 30 2018 4:23 PM

Mark Smith:

scooter:
This is precisely how I do it, but would appreciate 1 search to cover all portals.

I would, also. I think a search on the Logos web site should give the option to search Vyrso (E-books). (I don't think that should be available on the Vyrso site since that might be confusing.)

I totally agree with this. Looking forward to being able to do one search only across all the sites.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 979
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 1 2018 7:49 AM

I don't see any changes yet. Is there going to be a new website address?

Yesto being able to search across all sites at once.

Posts 2310
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 1 2018 8:04 AM

Tom Reynolds:
Is there going to be a new website address?

Found by try-and-error: www.faithlifeebooks.com

Nothing's there yet though.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 22
LogosEmployee
Natalie Mills | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 1 2018 8:06 AM

Hi!

The new site goes live later today. You'll find it at ebooks.faithlife.com. We'll be continuing to add features to it over the next few months, and I've made sure to add the suggestions from this thread to the list of potential additions.

Jan, if you can manually add deals as you figure out your scripts, that would be great. Sorry I wasn’t able to get an answer to you on those before the launch!

Enjoy the new site!

Natalie

Posts 3229
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 1 2018 8:14 AM

Natalie Mills:

Hi!

The new site goes live later today. You'll find it at ebooks.faithlife.com. We'll be continuing to add features to it over the next few months, and I've made sure to add the suggestions from this thread to the list of potential additions.

Jan, if you can manually add deals as you figure out your scripts, that would be great. Sorry I wasn’t able to get an answer to you on those before the launch!

Enjoy the new site!

Natalie

Will Vyrso auto-direct to the new site or will both be operational until you finalize the ebooks one?

Posts 979
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 1 2018 10:26 AM

It's live and they have a free book of the month promotion from Kirkdale: https://ebooks.faithlife.com/products/122911/undefended-discovering-god-when-your-guard-is-down

The &unlocked=no string doesn't seem to be working (yet) though when you search books.

Posts 17956
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 1 2018 11:14 AM

Tom Reynolds:
The &unlocked=no string doesn't seem to be working (yet) though when you search books.

Also sorting by Price (lowest first) has $ 0.00 and $ 0.99 intermixed.

Likewise cannot filter out Fiction, which could be done on Vyrso using:

-GenreGroup:*Fiction

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8940
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 1 2018 12:42 PM

Natalie Mills:
Enjoy the new site!

Great job on the new site. Congrats to you and your team. Party!!!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8940
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 1 2018 12:43 PM

Mattillo:
Will Vyrso auto-direct to the new site or will both be operational until you finalize the ebooks one?

It looks like auto-direct is already in place.

Posts 2921
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 1 2018 12:50 PM

I really like the look and feel on the new site. Great job!

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 195
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 1 2018 12:51 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Also sorting by Price (lowest first) has $ 0.00 and $ 0.99 intermixed.

I am experiencing this too.

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 236
Mikko Paavola | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 1 2018 12:59 PM

Great job! The new page looks good. And Faithlife Ebooks brand tells much more than the old Vyrso.

Yes

Faithlife Connect + several Base Packages + Luther's Works, etc.
Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 260, Win 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6500U, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 520.
iPhone 7 Plus.

Posts 277
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 1 2018 1:15 PM

I just tried the site and the search engine seems to be less helpful than when it was Vyrso. I got a lot unwanted resources when searching on the names of various authors that were filtered out with Vyrso. Disappointing.

Posts 1572
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 1 2018 1:41 PM

Mark Johnson:
I just tried the site and the search engine seems to be less helpful than when it was Vyrso.

The "new" Faithlife Ebooks site is just a rebranded "Noet Ebooks" site that they have been using for some time now.

And yes, the search is inferior. Try searching for something in quotes, for instance, and you'll see that it doesn't respect the quotes. "John Piper" will give you three Piper titles and then starts with other authors, e.g., Adelaide Piper and John by Beth Moore.

Also, as already has been noted, there's no longer any way to filter out the books you already own.

It's disappointing that Faithlife didn't get this stuff working before they put this site up, especially since they were already using the same engine over at Noet Ebooks. I hope that they quickly fix these things.

Posts 420
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 1 2018 4:48 PM

Yes, the former vyrso site was much easier to search; hope to see improvement soon.

Posts 939
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 1 2018 10:24 PM

Who's clever enough to make this search for books on sale exclude fiction?

https://faithlife-ebooks.faithlifesites.com/search?context=product&sortBy=savings&limit=60&page=1

Posts 22
LogosEmployee
Natalie Mills | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 10:08 AM

Thanks so much for all of your feedback! We are aware of the limitations of searching on the new site, and we are working to improve it. I've been taking down all of the feedback from this post and others, and I'll pass it along to our developers. Thanks for all the feedback on the site!

Posts 10031
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 11:02 AM

Paul Caneparo:

https://faithlife-ebooks.faithlifesites.com/search?context=product&sortBy=savings&limit=60&page=1

Paul, see this thread  for an answer to exclude fiction (great workaround, I didn't know this was possible with the new site!), then sort by savings.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 939
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 11:07 AM

NB.Mick:

Paul Caneparo:

Paul, see this thread  for an answer to exclude fiction (great workaround, I didn't know this was possible with the new site!), then sort by savings.

Thanks I saw the suggestion and have bookmarked it.

Page 3 of 5 (84 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS