Right mouse button menu fails to appear

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 39
Pastor Scamman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 27 2018 1:35 PM

On both of my PCs (Win 7 desktop and Win 10 laptop) the right-click menu (context menu?) has recently stopped appearing when I click. If I restart it starts functioning again. This seems to happen pretty regularly - about once a day if I'm using Logos a lot. I'm using the latest version of Logos. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks,

Evan

Posts 24768
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 27 2018 2:32 PM

Evan Scamman:
Has anyone else noticed this?

I haven't seen this.

Do you mean that nothing happens - or that the menu appear but is blank or something else?

Posts 39
Pastor Scamman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 27 2018 3:24 PM

There is simply no response to the right-mouse button.

Posts 32511
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 28 2018 2:53 AM

Have you checked if the system is indexing? I sometimes have a significant delay when indexing.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 39
Pastor Scamman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 5 2018 12:16 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I just confirmed that Indexing is not the problem. The context menu just failed to appear and my system was not indexing.

Posts 32511
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 5 2018 5:24 PM

At this point I would do one of two things. Leave Task Manager open to see if there is a hint as to where the process fails OR enable logs and close immediately after a right click failure and post them here.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1884
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 5 2018 5:46 PM

Evan:

It's a long-shot, but do you use the same model of mouse on both units with unusual configurations / recently updated drivers, or are you using a third-party mouse utility on both units? If you're using an external mouse with the laptop, does using the trackpad make any difference?

Win 10 | Android 9 | Fire OS 5

Posts 39
Pastor Scamman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 5 2018 6:09 PM

I use a mouse with standard Windows drivers on the desktop and the trackpad on the Dell laptop.

I’ll try to capture a log file and post it here.

Thanks.

Posts 19266
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 5 2018 11:12 PM

Evan Scamman:
I’ll try to capture a log file and post it here.

Screen shot of open items should also be helpful.

Opening a Bible with many visual filters can delay contextual menu population while visual filter searches are executing.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS