Bug in OSX version: Analysis in Clause Search - Removing Null Categories - Add Other Categories

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 150
Ryan Robinson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 27 2018 4:22 PM

I was trying to look at the semantic roles in the analysis tool. I tried to remove some null categories and add another category. The stimulus category wouldn't come up. The Agent, Benefactive, Goal, Patient, Theme roles wouldn't go away when I tried to remove. 

This is the search and what the analysis looked like. 

Again, the issue is the semantic role categories won't add or remove.

Posts 28225
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 28 2018 1:55 AM

I'm confused. Aren't the categories shown in the results determined by the results of the search? Or do I totally misunderstand you?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 150
Ryan Robinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 28 2018 10:21 AM

In the query above, there is no information for say agent, yet it is shown. So, no, it doesn't seem to be determined by the results (because there are none in my query). My issue is when I try to remove the section without results, they won't go away.

I hope that clarifies things.

Posts 28225
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 28 2018 4:25 PM

I can't replicate your problem in Windows.

What version are you running - app and operating system?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 150
Ryan Robinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 29 2018 3:17 AM

I don't see any of the semantic roles in your screenshot. Did you have any of those categories in your analysis table?

macOS High Sierra 10.13.2

logos 7.12.0.0027

Posts 28225
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 29 2018 1:50 PM

Experiencer and case frame both appear.

Posts 25378
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 29 2018 3:14 PM

Ryan Robinson:
So, no, it doesn't seem to be determined by the results (because there are none in my query).

Correct, those headings (sections) will appear irrespective of results

Ryan Robinson:
My issue is when I try to remove the section without results, they won't go away.

How are you trying to do this?

When you right click any section heading you should see a list with items checked and unchecked. Scroll down if necessary and click any checked items you don't want.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 150
Ryan Robinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 29 2018 6:29 PM

Thanks Dave. I understand how to do this. And on macOS, when I do that process it does not remove the category. For example, if I right click and it says agent is checked then I click on agent, it reloads but agent is still there and checked.

Posts 25378
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 29 2018 7:16 PM

Then we need some feedback from Faithlife.

Do you have the same issue with other types of Search e.g. Bible?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2942
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 30 2018 10:26 AM

Ryan Robinson:

I was trying to look at the semantic roles in the analysis tool. I tried to remove some null categories and add another category. The stimulus category wouldn't come up. The Agent, Benefactive, Goal, Patient, Theme roles wouldn't go away when I tried to remove. 

This is the search and what the analysis looked like. 

Again, the issue is the semantic role categories won't add or remove.

Ryan,

Thanks for reporting this. I'll get a case written up.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS