Dogmatic Theology (W.G.T. Shedd) - No Index

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 19
Cheryl Sexton | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 1 2018 7:56 AM

I just purchased Shedd's Dogmatic Theology, ed. Alan Gomes, and the module has no index (at least that I can find)! This severely limits the resource (i.e., makes it almost unusable). I regret to say that I will need to return it unless an index can be added. The print edition has one.

Posts 487
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 1 2018 9:26 AM

I want to purchase this book in Logos in 2018.  I am glad you brought this up, Cheryl, as I will not invest in it sans index.

Posts 1693
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 1 2018 9:50 AM

For me I don't really care if the Logos resource has the index like a print book, and does not limit the value of the resource in Logos.  The resource still has the information I need and I find the information through searching the book. 

Posts 744
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 1 2018 10:28 AM

I've created a case to add the index.

I'm curious what you're trying to accomplish with the index that makes it unusable without the index. We might be able to provide some search hints that could help you as you read the book.

Posts 19
Cheryl Sexton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 1 2018 12:53 PM

Kyle,

Okay, I was being a little extreme in saying the resource is unusable. It is still usable. Yes, I could definitely use the search function in Logos (and I most of the time do), but sometimes I want a specific topic, rather than just a word, because some words are far too common to make the search function an easy option; it is easier to use the index in those cases.

Thanks for opening up a case. I really appreciate it.

Posts 19
Cheryl Sexton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 16 2018 11:51 AM

Apparently, the index has been included in this recourse the whole time. However, the reason why I though it was missing is because it has no entry in the table of contents window (it just ends with "Glossary 2: Biographical Entries). This would be an easy fix, no?

Posts 487
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 16 2018 12:18 PM

Cheryl Sexton:
, the reason why I though it was missing is because it has no entry in the table of contents window (it just ends with "Glossary 2: Biographical Entries). This would be an easy fix, no?

I say, yes, please fix this.  I get to an index from the TOC page.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS