Attention Faithlife Employees: "New Morning Mercies"

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 205
Jeffrey S. Robison | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 3 2018 6:50 PM

Attention Faithlife Employees: "New Morning Mercies" by Paul David Tripp is a Calendar Devotional. It shows up in my library as a Monograph. Could whoever fixes that take care of this? Please? It is the devotional I have decided to use this year. It would be nice if it worked correctly in the software. Thank you in advance. - Jeff

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 3 2018 11:16 PM

Jeffrey S. Robison:

Attention Faithlife Employees: "New Morning Mercies" by Paul David Tripp is a Calendar Devotional. It shows up in my library as a Monograph. Could whoever fixes that take care of this? Please? It is the devotional I have decided to use this year. It would be nice if it worked correctly in the software. Thank you in advance. - Jeff

Unfortunately "New Morning Mercies" is a Vyrso book, which means it doesn't have the correct tagging to become a Calendar Devotional. The good news is that a Logos version of the book is being produced (it's in this collection) — at which point you should be given a free copy. The collection is still Gathering Interest in prepub, though, so that process is likely to take several months, at least.

Posts 205
Jeffrey S. Robison | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 3 2018 11:19 PM

I guess folks who buy dated devotionals from the Vyrso side of Faithlife don't want to read them as dated devotionals Smile

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 3 2018 11:21 PM

Jeffrey S. Robison:

I guess folks who buy dated devotionals from the Vyrso side of Faithlife don't want to read them as dated devotionals Smile

They do, but everything you buy from Vyrso is limited in terms of Logos functionality. (PS - While you were posting, I edited my previous response to be slightly more hopeful.)

Posts 205
Jeffrey S. Robison | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 3 2018 11:26 PM

I was kinda kidding... But it is a suggestion, dated devotionals should be dated devotionals on all the Faithlife platforms. I will be pleased when that parity happens because I acquire books from FL's various sights.

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 3 2018 11:41 PM

Jeffrey S. Robison:
I was kinda kidding... But it is a suggestion, dated devotionals should be dated devotionals on all the Faithlife platforms. I will be pleased when that parity happens because I acquire books from FL's various sights.

I appreciate that… but the nature of Vyrso (now called Faithlife eBooks) means that's never going to happen. There are multiple platforms because Logos and Vyrso have different aims — Logos to provide hand-built, top-quality, well-tagged books for biblical studies, and Vyrso to provide machine-compiled, popular, mass-market eBooks.

Posts 2076
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 4 2018 2:24 AM

Vyrso is actually a thing of the past and has been replaced by https://ebooks.faithlife.com/

I am hoping that eventually we will see some quality enhancement along with more books and a new flavor of marketing experience.

Posts 1158
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 19 2019 4:32 AM

Looks like New Morning Mercies is no more...

Anybody know what happened? Can we no longer get this title in Logos Bible Software? Or is it now hidden in yet another one of their elusive websites that contain only 1/3 of their books?

Can‘t find it on the Logos or the ebooks site.

Posts 1158
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 19 2019 4:43 AM

Ah now I see that it‘s tucked away where no one can find it in the above collection. It’s been almost 2 years Logos! Please break up this collection so that we can actually buy this devotional!

guess I’ll have to go to another ebook provider unless I want to drop $160 on this $15 devotional...

Posts 433
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 19 2019 5:52 AM

Suggest you post your request in this thread.  They do seem to do as much as they can to break up bundles.

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/133838.aspx?PageIndex=12 

Posts 877
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2019 9:11 AM

Liam:

Ah now I see that it‘s tucked away where no one can find it in the above collection. It’s been almost 2 years Logos! Please break up this collection so that we can actually buy this devotional!

guess I’ll have to go to another ebook provider unless I want to drop $160 on this $15 devotional...

Here you go, Liam! https://www.logos.com/product/186187/new-morning-mercies-a-daily-gospel-devotional

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 1158
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 3 2019 5:05 PM

Oh excellent! Thank you Ben!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS