Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4642
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 6 2018 12:18 AM

Hi Folks 

Any idea what is causing this?...

I have had several goes at moving it to 'trash' and re-downloading all to no avail.

Posts 4642
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 6 2018 7:45 AM

I know that one of the signs of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result but...

I tried downloading again at 15:45 still the same result.

The problem is that this message doesn't appear until after the message saying there is already and installation in place and do I want to replace it.

Now I am without the latest version and the version the at the latest version didn't replace.  Crying

Posts 169
Michael Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 6 2018 8:06 AM

Apparently you're not the first. I found this on a Mac user forum. Hope it helps.

Posts 169
Michael Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 6 2018 8:07 AM

P.S.

It could also be caused by a corrupted .dmg file.

Posts 4642
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 6 2018 8:21 AM

Michael Wright:
Apparently you're not the first. I found this on a Mac user forum. Hope it helps.

Thanks Michael but I am not sure how old that advice is - neither of my Macs has the option to 'Allow from Anywhere'.

Posts 4642
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 6 2018 8:25 AM

Michael Wright:

P.S.

It could also be caused by a corrupted .dmg file.

I guess that may be the problem but whatever it is it is pretty constant and pretty constantly failing.

I am actually running 10.13.4 Beta (17E139j) on this machine. My laptop that is running 10.13.3 seems to have updated ok.

Maybe it is a MacOS beta thing?

Posts 347
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 6 2018 10:08 AM

It could be.If you want to schedule a time we could give you a call and grab some information shoot us an e-mail to proclaimsupport@faithlife.com.  I'd be interested in seeing some of the system logs and seeing if there is any information there (Go > Utiltiies > Console).

Posts 4642
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 6 2018 12:41 PM

All sorted out now that the latest update has been downloaded.

Thanks for your help.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS