BUG: Personal Book Images Appear Too Small

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 68
Vadim | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 6 2018 1:07 PM

As the topic states, after compiling a DOCX file, the images appear about 50% smaller than they appear in MS Word or other software.

This has been the case for a long time. Please fix.

Posts 68
Vadim | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 6 2018 1:16 PM

Posts 2765
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 6 2018 1:19 PM

could you not make original picture 100% larger then?

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 27433
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 6 2018 1:21 PM

I haven't found that to be so with .png or .jpg files.

It would help to upload a sample docx file so we can diagnose the problem. Can you expand the images in the docx file?

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 68
Vadim | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 6 2018 1:22 PM

DominicM:

could you not make original picture 100% larger then?

DominicM,

That would a "work around", but I, as many other, have many personal book which are experiencing this same problem. 

Enlarging all the images of a Personal Book is not very practical.

Posts 68
Vadim | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 6 2018 1:24 PM

Dave Hooton:

It would help to upload a sample docx file so we can diagnose the problem. Can you expand the images in the docx file?

Here is a DOCX sample.6758.The Slippery Slope of Conflict.docx

Posts 30062
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 6 2018 2:04 PM

I concur that the image is smaller when imported (relative to the text), although some of this is an optical illusion. It looks bigger or smaller depending upon the size of the text & panel. I have not heard of anyone else complaining about it, so I am unsure if the issue is specifically with the formatting of images in your .docx or if the issue is more general to all images. If the latter, it is probably something FL could tweak. 

On another note: I would recommend just getting this: https://www.logos.com/product/30910/ken-sande-peacemaker-ministries-collection 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 68
Vadim | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 6 2018 2:34 PM

I think this is an issue that also impacts the standard Logos books.

I've always had problems with images being too small in Logos, without the ability to quickly enlarge them.

If there was an addition slider to scale the images, separately from the text, it would be one way to overcome the small images.

Posts 30062
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 6 2018 4:19 PM

Vadim:
If there was an addition slider to scale the images, separately from the text, it would be one way to overcome the small images.
Yes

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 27433
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 6 2018 11:59 PM

Vadim:
Here is a DOCX sample.

Here is my edited file.  1452.The Slippery Slope of Conflict.docx

Make sure it is  "In line with text" (Layout options) - do not attach it to text as you used "With text Wrapping".

EDIT1: The image is the same (full) size using your original docx file, but text is better aligned in my version. What resolution is your monitor?

EDIT2: Program Scaling and Content Scaling can affect the image size if not 100% (in Program Settings).

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 3317
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 7 2018 5:04 AM

When building PBB docx or examples in Word (I have 2016) after inserting picture I use their 'picture tools' to adjust size and sharpness, also i have found it extremely helpful to make all my margins 1/2 inch., this works better for formatting.

See below:

4666.6758.The Slippery Slope of Conflict.docx

Posts 68
Vadim | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 7 2018 9:22 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

When building PBB docx or examples in Word (I have 2016) after inserting picture I use their 'picture tools' to adjust size and sharpness, also i have found it extremely helpful to make all my margins 1/2 inch., this works better for formatting.

See below:

Whyndell,

I don't see any difference in image size between setting different margins. Logos seems to ignore those.

Posts 68
Vadim | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 7 2018 9:26 AM

Dave,

Thank you for the hint, but as you mentioned, changing the wrapping setting does not resolve the generation of small images.

Hopefully Faithlife will fix this.

Posts 27433
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 7 2018 11:12 AM

Vadim:
changing the wrapping setting does not resolve the generation of small images.

Yes, but Program Scaling and Content Scaling do affect the image size if not 100% (in Program Settings).

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 68
Vadim | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 7 2018 11:17 AM

But the issue is relative size. Program and Content scaling increases the size of both text and image. This would require making the text too large for the images to appear normal or legible.

Posts 27433
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 7 2018 11:26 AM

Vadim:
Program and Content scaling increases the size of both text and image.

So both your settings are 100%?

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 68
Vadim | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 7 2018 11:28 AM

Dave Hooton:

So both your settings are 100%?

Yes.

Posts 3317
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 7 2018 11:53 AM

Vadim:

Whyndell Grizzard:

See below:

Whyndell,

I don't see any difference in image size between setting different margins. Logos seems to ignore those.

The 1/2 margins gives you more page surface to "enlarge" the image- you can use the 'pic tool' to make the image smaller or larger, as well as, sharpen the image for better clarity.

Posts 68
Vadim | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 7 2018 12:15 PM

This is not a a practical solution for larger books with many images.

Posts 3317
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 7 2018 2:02 PM

Vadim:

This is not a a practical solution for larger books with many images.

I have PBB's that are 4- 600 pages with images galore- not to mention tagging, verses, references, images and internal bookmarks. The bottom line is how useful do you want to make a resource, its all on you.

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS