No Atlas Feature in Chinese Starter?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Yiteng | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 18 2018 6:40 PM

Hi there,

I have upgraded from the free Basic version to a Chinese Starter version. But I am still not able to use the Atlas function. And in the About Logos Bible Software section, it says my features is Logos 7 Basic Feature SetIs that meant to be so? Or do I need to take further actions to activate it, or to purchase some other functions, or upgrade to another package? Thank you.

God bless,

Yiteng

Posts 1649
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 18 2018 8:50 PM

Hi Yiteng:

If you were considering the English or Denomination packages, the way to get the Atlas Tool is Bronze or higher. The Chinese Bronze package seems to be priced a lot lower than the English/Denom Bronzes, so the assumptions might not be the same. You should probably call Customer Service (888-875-9491 US/CAN;  +1 360-527-1700 Int'l;  sales@logos.com ). Maybe they can help you fit what you're looking for in with the level of expense you are prepared to accept. It's possible you could benefit from returning your Starter and getting something else. (Note that you have 30 days to change your mind on a purchase.)

Win7/10 Android/Fire OS 5 | Fully Blinkered Calvinistic Baptist

Posts 247
LogosEmployee
Philip Peng | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 19 2018 9:35 AM

Yiteng:

Hi there,

I have upgraded from the free Basic version to a Chinese Starter version. But I am still not able to use the Atlas function. And in the About Logos Bible Software section, it says my features is Logos 7 Basic Feature SetIs that meant to be so? Or do I need to take further actions to activate it, or to purchase some other functions, or upgrade to another package? Thank you.

God bless,

Yiteng

Hi, Yiteng,

Thank you for the inquiry.  Chinese starter package only contain some commentaries, Bibles, datasets, but does not have the Atlas function.  You need to upgrade to Chinese Bronze or other English Bronze and above in order to have the full Atlas included.  Please visit our website for more package options.  If you have other questions, please feel free to contact us at: Chinese@faithlife.com

Best regards,

Philip

Posts 6
Yiteng | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 20 2018 12:32 AM

Hi Philip,

I have just upgraded my Chinese Starter to Chinese Bronze, and I find the Atlas button is still grey (unclickable). In addition, the feature set of my software is still Logos 7 Basic Feature Set. And in my library, I find there are some books included in the Chinese Bronze package missing (or not downloaded). Is this what is supposed to be? Thank you.

Posts 2662
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 20 2018 9:00 AM

Hi Yiteng,

Yiteng:
I have just upgraded my Chinese Starter to Chinese Bronze, and I find the Atlas button is still grey (unclickable). In addition, the feature set of my software is still Logos 7 Basic Feature Set.

Libraries and feature sets can be bought separately. It sounds like what you bought is not Chinese Bronze base package (Chinese Bronze Library + Full Feature Set), but Chinese Bronze Library by itself. (Similarly, you bought Chinese Starter Library, but did not buy the Starter Feature Set. That is why your feature set is still Basic Feature Set.)

Sorry for this confusion.

Although you could simply buy the Full Feature set separately to unlock Atlas, you would be missing out on the "combo" discount when you purchase a feature set together with its library.

What I would do is contact sales, and ask them to refund your Chinese Bronze library and Chinese Starter library, then have them sell you the Chinese Bronze base package.

Posts 247
LogosEmployee
Philip Peng | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 20 2018 9:03 AM

PetahChristian:

Hi Yiteng,

Yiteng:
I have just upgraded my Chinese Starter to Chinese Bronze, and I find the Atlas button is still grey (unclickable). In addition, the feature set of my software is still Logos 7 Basic Feature Set.

Libraries and feature sets can be bought separately. It sounds like what you bought is not Chinese Bronze base package (Chinese Bronze Library + Full Feature Set), but Chinese Bronze Library by itself. (Similarly, you bought Chinese Starter Library, but did not buy the Starter Feature Set. That is why your feature set is still Basic Feature Set.)

Sorry for this confusion.

Although you could simply buy the Full Feature set separately to unlock Atlas, you would be missing out on the "combo" discount when you purchase a feature set together with its library.

What I would do is contact sales, and ask them to refund your Chinese Bronze library and Chinese Starter library, then have them sell you the Chinese Bronze base package.

Hi, PetahChristian and Yiteng,

Your Chinese Bronze BP includes the library and feature.  Altas should be included in Chinese Bronze.  I will help you via email.  Thank you.

Best regards,

Philip

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS